Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diane von Kolspinne

Diane von Kolspinne

Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptySun Jul 04 2021, 23:50

She had been called for an interview and went to Strasbourg for that. It had been a few months since she had last been there. This made her feel strange but at the same time pleased.

Hello, I am expected by Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari.
I am Diane von Kolspinne.

And she waited for the man to be informed of her presence.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 11:52

As soon as Fedele was informed of the arrival of the candidate, he left his office and went to the Entrance Hall. She was standing there.

He approached her and said: "Welcome to Strasbourg! I am Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari, the Head Translator of the Imperial Scriptorium. I hope you had a pleasant journey"

He didn't know her, but they had a brief mail exchange in the past few days.

He smiled at her and showed her a small room nearby where they could have some privacy and silence.

He then asked her: "You mentioned in your letter that you are a mayor and a herald in Savoy" -he smiled again- "Would you like to tell me anything else about you? Have you had any previous experience in translating?"

Diane von Kolspinne

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 23:31

When he arrived, she greeted him appropriately.
Then she listened to him and answered his question as best as she could.

I have no experience in translating texts. But I was an imperial ambassador in charge of the Kingdom of France for a few months. And sometimes I had to translate texts for one or another french or impérial peoples.

I am not bilingual but I think I am comfortable enough with English to help in this area.

She smiles slightly before adding: I hope so, otherwise I wouldn't have answered the recruitment.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyTue Jul 06 2021, 10:53

Fedele smiled and nodded at her.
"Yes indeed" he added.

"And what is your motivation? I mean..." -he explained- "Why did you candidate yourself? Do you have any expectations from this job?"

Diane von Kolspinne

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyWed Jul 07 2021, 21:35

My motivation ? hum... simply to be usefull for the Empire.
When I saw the annonce, I understand that you need translator , I speek french and english. So I offer my help.

She smiles.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyThu Jul 08 2021, 11:02

"Well, that makes sense" he said, smiling back at her.

He handed her a volume and said: "This is our Charta. Please, read it carefully and tell me if there's anything that comes up to your mind. Do you have any questions?"

Charta of the Imperial Scriptorium:

Diane von Kolspinne

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyThu Jul 08 2021, 12:53

She takes her time to read the charta before looking to him again.

Everything seems to be clear. And ok for me. So I have no questions.

She was about to shut up but a question came to her mind

How long time do we have to translate a text ?
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyThu Jul 08 2021, 16:48

Fedele nodded and answered the question: "There is no such a prefixed time to translate a specific text. Some texts may need more time, since they might be longer and not so easy to translate; some others may take just a few minutes"

"The Scriptorium highly values teamwork, so in case of hiring, you should always ask for help, if needed. You can ask me or the other fellow translators. If a text is too long and you feel like you do not have enough time, you can always split it into parts with the other French translators (there's only one other translator for this language, at the moment" he added.

And then concluded: "So, let me think if there's anything else I can ask you... Maybe a little exercise, but let's see. I'll inform the Imperial Spokesperson about this interview. She will evaluate and decide what to do, since she has the final word*"

He started thinking and looking for another text to show her.

*OOC:

Diane von Kolspinne

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptySun Jul 11 2021, 15:29

She smiles to him

No problem to wait for , she smiles a bit more, the big boss or to have a test if you want. I have time.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari EmptyMon Jul 12 2021, 11:51

He smiled back and said: "Well, congratulations! You are now a member of the Imperial Scriptorium! Please, do always keep in mind the Charta that I just showed you!"

He then stood up and showed her the right direction.

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari   Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview with Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari
Page 1 of 1