Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Judith_dm

Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole Empty
PostSubject: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyThu Feb 10 2022, 14:36

Because she elle received a response. She went to Strasbourg to meet the Head of the Imperial Scriptorium.

I'm Judith de la Mirandole. His Serene Ducal Highness Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari waiting me. Can you inform him of my arrival ?
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyThu Feb 10 2022, 22:21

Fedele was informed of the arrival of a new candidate, so he went to the Entrance Hall to meet her.

He smiled at her, bowed his head in respect and said: "Welcome to Strasbourg! I am Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari, the Head Translator of the Imperial Scriptorium. It is a pleasure to finally meet you in person! I hope you had a nice journey"

He smiled at her and said: "Would you please follow me?"
Then he guided her to a small room nearby where they could have some privacy and silence. He also offered his guest something to drink, before asking: "You mentioned in your letter that you are interested in becoming an Imperial translator... Would you like to tell me anything else about you? Could you please tell me more about you?"

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptySat Feb 12 2022, 08:31

His bleary eyes fell on the man. She nodded her head in greeting. As she followed him, she answered questions.

Talk about me. You ask me something interesting, your ducal serene highness. My name is Judith de la Mirandole, heiress of the first great royal dynasty of France. Daughter of His Majesty Guillaume de la Mirandole and granddaughter of His Majesty Angélyque de la Mirandole & His Majesty Nicolas de Firenze. I was brought up with tutors after the death of my father. I was given a strict education that allows me to take on many responsibilities. The dynasty and serving one's country runs in my veins. I joined the SRING a short time ago, because like any heiress of my rank I had to find a husband. I have found him, and that man is here in the empire. For obvious reasons, and since I am the woman, I have committed myself to join her.

She was embarrassed to talk about herself. She added a few words out of awkwardness.

So, you know my short story. Unfortunately, I don't have much more to tell you about myself. Except that I have a tragic horror of tea. Do you like tea?

Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptySat Feb 12 2022, 21:49

Fedele attetintevily listened to her. He was sorry to hear about the passing of her father. He smiled at her and answered: "I did have a strict upbringing in Modena as well, but probably nothing compared to yours" - he took a deep breath- "I do like tea. I'm not a great fan, but I cannot refuse something hot to drink when it's cold outside"

So he kept asking: "Do you have any previous experience in translating? What availability can you guarantee thoroughout the day?"

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyMon Feb 14 2022, 13:34

She nodded at the answer about the tea. She didn't add anything, except for a shy smile. Was she the only one who found this completely despicable? She refocused on the last question.

I have no official experience. Personal, yes. Since I arrived in the Empire I have been reading the texts in English before they are published in French. As for my availability, it is regular. I don't think I suffer from unjustified absenteeism.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyTue Feb 15 2022, 12:59

"I see, perfect" -Fedele said while nodding at her- "This is the Charta of the Imperial Scriptorium. Please read it very carefully. Once you're done, you can ask me any questions or doubts you may have"

He then handed her the Charta:

Charta of the Imperial Scriptorium:

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyTue Feb 15 2022, 15:25

She read the text presented. She uttered a few onomatopoeias to indicate that she was actively reading. Then she looked up at the man.

Everything seems clear to me.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyWed Feb 16 2022, 00:00

Fedele nodded again and gave her a new document, while saying: "Well, this is an announcement, a very old one. Would you please translate this into French for me?"

Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyThu Feb 17 2022, 22:34

She accepted the challenge with a nod. Then she took the document, worked on it for a while and gave her translation.

What do you think?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole EmptyFri Feb 18 2022, 23:40

Fedele remained silent for a while, then asked a servant to bring the translation to someone who could properly speak French. He smiled at her and nodded again, then when the translation came back with a note, he answered: "Your translation seems fine, but please always keep the header, the bold, the signatures, the seals and anything else. The Imperial Spokesperson and I agree to grant you the keys to the Scriptorium, so congratulations! Do not hesitate to ask me or your fellow colleagues any help. In there you will also find a list with all the translations of the offices, roles, title, appellations, etc..."

He then stood up asking her to follow him, while also handing her the keys.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole   Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Judith de la Mirandole
Page 1 of 1