Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Arrival of Lajana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lajana

Lajana

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyTue Oct 12 2021, 14:42

Lajana arrived in Strasbourg after a long journey, she had never been there, the emotion was so great.

When she arrived in the reception room, greeted obsequiously, she was shown the office where she was to meet the Head of the Imperial Scriptorium and waited her turn.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyTue Oct 12 2021, 21:14

As soon as Fedele was informed of the arrival of the candidate, he left the Scriptorium and went to the Entrance Hall and then to the office where Lajana was waiting for him.

He approached her and said: "Welcome to Strasbourg! I am Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari, the Head Translator of the Imperial Scriptorium. I hope you had a pleasant journey"

He then took his seat and asked her: "You mentioned in your letter that you are a former mayor in Siena and that you work with the local Constable, am I right?" -he smiled again- "Is there anything else I should know about you? Or anything at all that you want to ask? Have you had any previous experience in translating?"

Lajana

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyTue Oct 12 2021, 22:53

"Pleased to meet you, my name is Andrea Isolde Rigogli" she replied as she approached him, then continued "The journey was long but comfortable and pleasant, thank you for your interest"

"Yes, as you can see, I have not played many roles but when I take on a commitment I do it to the best of my ability" - she smiled and continued - "It might interest you to know that during my studies I used to help a tutor to translate texts from English, that's how I got interested"

She waited a few seconds and added "I'm cooperative, I like to work and keep busy. I also love to try my hand at new experiences, they keep the mind fired up."

She smiled and concluded "I guess that's all I can tell you right now." and waiting.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyWed Oct 13 2021, 17:27

"All your roles surely helped the recovery of Siena and this honours you" -said Fedele- "And it's good to know that you can work in a group. The Italian team is currently made up of three translators, including me and the Imperial Spokesperson. You see, sometimes some texts are a bit more difficult than others to translate and a team effort may be needed. Working in a team is indeed highly suggested and encouraged, as you might eventually see"

He then handed Lajana a document and concluded: "Well, this is the Charta of the Imperial Scriptorium. Please, read it carefully and ask me anything you need or want to know and really tell me if there's anything coming up to your mind!"

Charta of the Imperial Scriptorium:

Lajana

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyWed Oct 13 2021, 17:49

Lajana took the document and read it carefully. Once finished she told him "I have understood everything and I agree with what is reported" - she paused a little and added - "I am used to attend offices with important documents where everything must be protected by secrecy. That won't be a problem for me."

Then he added, "I don't have any questions."
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyFri Oct 15 2021, 13:07

"Ok, thanks" -Fedele said- "Please note that presence is essential as well"

He then added: "For the time being, I have a little exercise for you. Would you mind translating this old announcement, please?"

Announcement:

Lajana

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyFri Oct 15 2021, 18:52

"Certainly" - he replied and set about translating the exercise.
When he had finished, he handed it over to her "Here is the translated announcement"

Annuncio:
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyFri Oct 15 2021, 21:50

Fedele read the translation with attention, then said: "Are you sure about the translations of the appellations and roles? It is important to always translate them according to the official laws. Would you please check them with the laws and the Chartas already in place (you can find them within the Imperial Heraldic Library and the section Charta/Documents/Announcements and edicts)? Remember that this is an old announcement, so some of the appellations may not correspond to the titles currently held by those peoples nowadays"

He then added: "If you can't find them, you can ask me of course"

Lajana

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyMon Oct 18 2021, 10:59

He listened to her words and apologized for the errors made in the translation of the document.

He went to the Imperial Heraldic Library with the document and started to translate it again very carefully, hoping not to make any more errors.

Once finished he went to Fedele and gave him the translated document again.

Annuncio:
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyMon Oct 18 2021, 17:08

"Thanks, the appellatives now seem to be correct!" -Fedele said- "I'll inform the Imperial Spokesperson of our interview. It's up to her to decide; I might come back with an answer or with another text to translate"

Lajana

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyMon Oct 18 2021, 22:36

"Alright, I'll wait for you here"
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyWed Oct 20 2021, 22:49

Fedele came back and said to Lajana: "I spoke with the Imperial Spokesperson... And congratulations! You are now a member of the Imperial Scriptorium! Please, do always keep in mind the Charta that I showed you! If there's something you do not know, please always, always, always ask for help"

He then stood up again and handed her the keys.

Lajana

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana EmptyThu Oct 21 2021, 09:50

Lajana saw Fedele coming and looked at him hopefully.

Hearing his words, he said, "Thank you so much, don't be afraid, I will ask for help whenever I need it" and he smiled.

She took the keys and thanked him again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arrival of Lajana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Lajana   Arrival of Lajana Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Lajana
Page 1 of 1