Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rouse

Rouse

Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery Empty
PostSubject: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyMon May 10 2021, 18:34

She was recovering her strength after the trip to Savoie when she received a reply to her request for a job at the Imperial Chancellery. The illusion of receiving a reply to call her for an interview made her stop being tired and she immediately began preparations to travel to Strasbourg. She prepared the best clothes and jewellery she could find in her luggage to make a good impression, although she did not want to be too extravagant and chose an austere but elegant mode of dress in line with the appointment.

When she arrived at the Imperial Palace, she gave her name and was taken to a room where she was left waiting.
Back to top Go down
Eriti

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyMon May 31 2021, 11:43

Once the mourning ended, Eriti took the documents and went to the room for the application of the imperial ambassador.
On her way there, she sent a pageboy to call for the lady that was waiting in one of the rooms given to the guests, asking him to give her a note:

Quote :
To Lady Rouse de Abos y Buisan,
I am waiting in the chancellery rooms for your interview if you are still interested.
If you are, you can follow the pageboy who give to you this note, as soon you are ready to come.

EV
Back to top Go down
Rouse

Rouse

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyWed Jun 02 2021, 23:59

Despite the nerves she was beginning to feel, she was having a great evening. A tray of snacks had been brought to her and she was enjoying looking at the details of the decorations in the guest room. These rooms are usually decorated with striking and impressive decorations to make a great impression on the visitor, and they had certainly succeeded with her. After a while a pageboy arrived with a note for her and she was overcome with the same excitement as when she had received the first letter.

She began to follow the boy to the room where her interviewer was waiting for her.

- Pleased to meet you, I am Rouse de Abós y Buisán, the candidate. - she took a seat. - I am at your disposal and willing to answer your questions. - she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Eriti

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyThu Jun 03 2021, 21:24

Eriti smiled back ad the guest while standing to greet her.

Welcome, and my apologize for the delay, but your arrival coincided with a very dark moment. Of course is no one fault.
I hope you enjoyed your time in here, and that it wasn't too much of a burden to wait a little.
I am Eriti Velia Malipiero Giustiniani Longo, Imperial Vice Chancellor, nice to meet you.

She sat again and then filled two glasses of wine, giving one to Rouse.

Do you prefer water? Wine, even with a little sip, is perfect to relax a bit, but if you prefer water, you just have to say so.

So - Eriti took a sip of her wine - tell me about you, and the reasons behind your candidature for Imperial Ambassadress.
Back to top Go down
Rouse

Rouse

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyFri Jun 04 2021, 20:14

- The wine is fine, thank you very much. - she said as she picked up the glass and took a small sip. Then she paused to put her thoughts in order and begin her story.

- My life begins in the orphanage of a convent of nuns, my origins are very humble and I spent my childhood and early youth there. After that I moved to my family's homeland, Aragon, and prospered with my tailoring workshop until I earned a place in the local bourgeoisie. From there I started to get involved in politics and spent several years continuously in different positions, such as governance and diplomacy. I am always willing and open to learn new things but one of the reasons I like the diplomatic field is that I already have experience and a base to build on. Over the years I decided that I needed some time of peace and quiet and spent a year and a half returning to my origins in a convent. Then I moved to France, but I didn't put down roots and decided to try my luck in the Empire. Another of my reasons for applying for the Imperial Chancellery is that the Imperial institutions are used to working in the diversity of all the cultures and languages that make up the SRING. I can' t think of a better place for someone like me, a new citizen with another culture and language, than to start my life in the Empire by working in the institutions that make it diverse and great. My weakness is that I still don't know much about the idiosyncrasies of the Empire but I'm getting there. I am fluent in Spanish and the lingua franca, English. I might have some problems communicating with my neighbours but I think there will be no problem at the Chancellery. - she remained silent, waiting for the Vice Chancellor's words.
Back to top Go down
Eriti

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyTue Jun 08 2021, 21:34

Eriti listened to the woman very interested to her speech.

You have a very interested story, I personally like people who, despite their origins, or what life could give them at birth, are able to overcome and create their own path.

She smiled.

You have said, Ruose, that you spent years in politics and in the diplomacy of Aragon, could you tell me more.
Not the list of the offices you held during your life, I can imagine you did almost everything from your speech, but I would like to know more about your diplomatic career. Were you just an amassadress? Were you the Chancellor of your province? An so on.
Back to top Go down
Rouse

Rouse

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyWed Jun 09 2021, 20:49

She smiled back and responded.

- Ironically, I have never been an ambassador. When I started in the diplomatic career I started directly at the Aragonese equivalent of Chancellor, Chambelán, and I was twice. From running diplomacy I remember with joy having successfully established active ambassadors in a couple of neighbouring territories and with sadness not having achieved that in others. So thanks to having the perspective of Chancellor I know what is expected of an ambassador; to be the eyes, ears and voice of the Empire on the place, to maintain an active embassy to attend to both diplomatic relations and cases where visiting citizens of the Empire need anything, activity, good communication and regular reports on any issues of interest that may arise. As an extra I have full availability to travel. But the most important diplomatic event I had to manage was one as Governor (Count); the creation together with the Principality of Catalonia and the Crown of Castile and Leon of the Iberian Alliance, the most important diplomatic alliance of the Iberian Peninsula, which is still in force five years later.
Back to top Go down
Eriti

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyThu Jun 10 2021, 11:05

Is it indeed a very important achievement.
Something you are right to be proud of.

Eriti took a document from her bag.

This is the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery:

Quote :
Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery Banner

Statute of the Imperial Chancellery

Article 1: Role and function of the Imperial Chancellery
1.1 The Imperial Chancellery is in charge of the relations of the Holy Roman Empire with foreign Kingdoms and their institutions. It represents the interests of the Empire and ensures the respect of its integrity by foreign powers.
1.2 The Imperial Chancellery is working closely with provincial and royal chancelleries of the Empire. The Hall of Charlemagne is reserved for this collaboration.
1.3 The Imperial Chancellery welcomes foreign dignitaries wishing to meet the Emperor.

Article 2: Composition of the Imperial Chancellery
2.1 The Imperial Chancellery is led by the Imperial Chancellor, who is appointed by the Emperor.
2.2 The Imperial Chancellor can appoint up to three Vice-Chancellors who will help him to manage the Imperial Chancellery.
2.3 The Imperial Ambassadors are intermediaries between the Imperial Chancellor and the entrusted Realm.

Article 3: About the Imperial ambassadors
3.1 The ambassadors are admitted by the Imperial Chancellor after he has considered the application. The following requirements must be met:

• Live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae;
  • Have no criminal records from the past 6 months or has been acquitted by the Emperor;
  • Do not belong to any foreign or any criminal organizations;
  • Understand and speak English;
  • Must not have any role that might interfere with their work as ambassador.

3.2 Every ambassador is allowed to cover local and imperial offices, as long as his presence and activity inside the Imperial Chancellery will not be influenced. In any case, in order to preserve the integrity of Imperial Chancellery, the Imperial ambassador will be suspended for the entire mandate of the office in the following cases:

• being local regent;
  • being Chancellor at local level or toward foreign entities;
  • being ambassador at local level or toward foreign entities, different from the one assigned by the Empire.

At the end of the mandate, the Imperial ambassador will be reintegrated in the staff of the Chancellery.

3.3 Every Imperial ambassador has to immediately inform the Imperial Chancellor and the Imperial Regent prior to covering one of the mentioned offices or if already holding one. If the imperial ambassador will not inform anyone, he will be dismissed from the office.

Article 4: Activities inside the Chancellery
4.1 The ambassadors are encouraged to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries and to strengthen the relations of friendship and respect. They must be respectful toward their counterparts, foreign kingdoms and also toward every imperial citizen and imperial province. They must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them.

4.2 Every member of the Chancellery must be present, active and must visit regularly the Hall of Charlemagne. It is very important to show respect for the office and for the other Imperial ambassadors, remembering the final purpose of the imperial diplomacy.

4.3 Absences have to be communicated to the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor. Prolonged or unannounced absences may lead to the withdrawal from the assigned ambassadorial position or to the exclusion from the Chancellery, at the discretion of the Chancellor.

4.4 No one is allowed to share information with people outside the Imperial Chancellery. Only the Emperor, the Imperial Regent and the Imperial Chancellor can provide such permission. Violation of secrecy can be considered high treason.

4.5 Every member of the Chancellery is allowed to draft and discuss treaties with their counterparts, in close collaboration with the Chancellor. However, treaties only come into effect after the Emperor and the Imperial Chancellor have signed the document and added their seal. Imperial Ambassadors are encouraged to co-sign as well.

4.6 Every member of the Imperial Chancellery has to swear an oath to the Empire and the Emperor, at the start of their term. In addition, this oath must be taken before every new Emperor. The formula in use is the following:

Quote :
I, [name], as [role], swear in front of the Almighty to be faithful and loyal to the Emperor of the Sacrum Imperium Romanorum Nationis Germanicae, His Imperial Majesty [name of the Emperor].
I swear to accomplish at the best my ambassadorial charge and to remain neutral, diplomatic, erudite, diligent, objective, and respectful during my active service. I strive to always represent the Imperial Crown with dignity, at home and abroad, and to contribute to its Greatness.
May the Almighty always assist me!

Written, signed and sealed in Strasbourg on the 12th of March in the year of the Lord MCDLXVII.
Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery Sign
His Imperial Majesty Thibaud d'Irissarri
divina favente Clementia Electus Romanorum Imperator Semper Augustus

Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery RTMlhh8

Have you read it before? What did you think about it?
Back to top Go down
Rouse

Rouse

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyThu Jun 10 2021, 19:34

She took the document in her hands. - I did read it once, to make sure I met the requirements to apply for the job. - She started to read it again.

- I think it is very clear and direct about the duties of the office of Ambassador and the way the Imperial Chancellery works; everything that is discussed and happens is secret; it is very important to be active and attend The Hall of Charlemagne to have contact with the rest of the members and the royal and local chancelleries of the Empire; you can simultaneously have a local or imperial office as long as it does not interfere with your work, but in the special cases indicated inform the Imperial Chancellor and the Imperial Regent; maintain active diplomacy with the foreign authorities while maintaining at all times an attitude, politeness and dignity worthy of the Empire; in case of working on treaties do so in full collaboration with the Imperial Chancellor; give notice when you are going to be absent and take the oath to the Empire and the Emperor.

- All of the rules seem to me to be good and proper and I look forward to being able to start following them. - she said motivated.
Back to top Go down
Eriti

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyThu Jun 10 2021, 21:26

Eriti nodded at the woman before her while she was talking.

I'm glad you say so.

Tell me, just few more questions don't worry, are you confortable with some embassy more than others, or do you have some kind of trouble with some of them. Like, you are not welcomed, or you do not like them. I'm good even without details if they are too personal.

But, in case we hire you, we have to know if your appointment to an embassy could be a problem or not.
Back to top Go down
Rouse

Rouse

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyFri Jun 11 2021, 15:56

- Speaking of the Hispanic kingdoms, I would not like to be an ambassadress to the Crown of Aragon and the Kingdom of Valencia. The reason is that years ago I was a candidate for the throne in the Crown of Aragon and in my candidacy I expressed my intention to rid the Crown of a foreign Order that has been controlling it for years and also the Kingdom of Valencia. Everything is still the same today and that is why I do not think it is appropriate to have to work with them. I wouldn't have a problem working in the Kingdom of Aragon, but after having been in politics for so many years I have my very close friends and other people with whom I don't have a good relationship, you know, so I leave it to the Imperial Chancellor to decide. In the Principality of Catalonia and the Crown of Castile and Leon I have no problems.
Back to top Go down
Eriti

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptyFri Jun 11 2021, 23:36

I take note of that - said Eriti writing down in her notes.

I think we have finish for now - she smiled.

You can go back to your guest room, or take a tour of the city if you haven't do that yet, and I will talk with the Chancellor.
Being the palace in a transition moment due the change of the Emperor it could take a little bit of time, so please bear with it.
Back to top Go down
Rouse

Rouse

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery EmptySat Jun 12 2021, 03:32

- Thank you very much for having received me even in these circumstances. It was a pleasure and a lovely talk. - she smiled back.

She got up and after bidding the Imperial Vice Chancellor a proper farewell, she left the room to where she was before. I hope to have a few more snacks and then I'll go for a walk aroung the city to get some fresh air while I wait. - she thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery   Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Rouse, Candidate for a job in the Imperial Chancellery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entrance Hall :: Reception-
Jump to: