Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

[RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

[RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  Empty
PostSubject: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyMon Mar 15 2021, 22:32

Blitha entered the reception hall and walked up to the guard on duty.

Good evening, I am Blitha Waringham von Staufen-Zäringen, from Constance.
Chancellor Anthonis has asked me to come here to apply for an ambassador position.
Could you announce me, please?
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyTue Mar 16 2021, 07:36

Anthonis heard of the arrival of a potential ambassador and greeted her.

Welcome, Blitha Waringham von Staufen-Zäringen, I hope you found us well. Please let us meet here in this smaller room aside from the cold entrance hall and discuss your interest in the noble art of diplomacy.

Back to top Go down
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyTue Mar 16 2021, 09:27

The Guard had barely turned to leave when an important-looking figure entered and greeted Blitha. It must be the Chancellor, she thought.

Thank you, Excellency, I had no trouble finding my way. Everyone was very friendly and gave me good information when I needed it.

She paused briefly to consider how to explain her interest in diplomacy, then she resumed:

As a matter of fact, I don't like being inactive. I like to interact with people who are very different from the ones I usually meet. The subtleties of discussions and exchanges with seasoned diplomats are fascinating to me. And finally, it would be a good way for me to be useful to my new homeland.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyWed Mar 17 2021, 09:33

Anthonis listened to the lady. She was well spoken and polite.

My name is Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia, Imperial Chancellor, and what we usual do is have discussion with a possible candidate, and then I have a meeting with my staff of Vice-Chancellors and the Emperor how we go forward.

I have had many of these discussions, and so please feel at ease. Perhaps you want some wine or a snack after the travel?

Anthonis continued

To be honest I was surprised by your letter, and also your about your Liege Lord here in the Empire. A new homeland. This infused some curiosity from my side? How did you find your way to the German Kingdom and how are you settling?
Back to top Go down
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyWed Mar 17 2021, 12:18

Blitha bowed her head respectfully in acknowledgment of the man's name. She hadn't been mistaken then, this person was indeed the Chancellor himself.

I am honoured to meet you, Excellency. Thank you very much but I don't need any refreshment, A grateful smile graced the young woman's lips, then she continued, I spent the night in a comfortable inn and was well taken care of there.

She paused, as he asked several questions about her move to the German Kingdom.  

My husband's family hails from Augsburg County. His father went to England and Julian was born there. Before we were married, we had talked at length about visiting his family after the wedding. When it became necessary for us to leave England, we decided to be married after going to the German Kingdom. Everyone in the Staufen-Zäringen family was very supportive and welcoming, so we decided to stay in Constance for good. She chuckled softly. The day after we arrived in Constance I joined the Augsburg Army and went to Helvetia with it. And I've been in and out of the Army ever since. More seriously she resumed:

I love Constance. It's a beautiful and peaceful town. The people are kind and cheerful. We live close to the lake. We are very happy there.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptySun Mar 21 2021, 09:18

Anthonis smiled while he received some wine and waved at the servant to leave them alone.

You must forgive my ignorance. My father had me study all the lineages of Holland and Italy, and even some of the German houses. I learned about English and French Royalty, but must say I am at a loss here. Would you care to enlighten me on who your husband is, and your English roots, since clearly you were born there. I assume your parents are from England as well?

Back to top Go down
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyMon Mar 22 2021, 16:15

Blitha smiled inwardly. The chancellor wanted to know more about Blitha and Julian. She hoped he wouldn't be bored if she started telling him the story of her life. She decided to talk about her husband first.

As I told you before my husband was born in England. His father, John, was the son of Klara Waringham, wife to Clodwig von Staufen-Zähringen. John was sent to England to complete his studies. There he met and married a young English lady. The young couple settled in Evesham, where his wife's family lived. Soon, a son, Julian, was born. Unfortunately, his mother died in childbirth. He was raised by his father, who never lost contact with his German family. That's why we came to the German Kingdom when we left England. Julian's grandparents are dead now, but there are still a great number of Cousins, who were happy to welcome us. Julian is now serving on Augsburg Council.

She paused and glanced at the Chancellor. His eyes were not glazed and he didn't look bored, so she resumed.

I was born in Mercia, England. Both my parents were English too, they died when I was still very young, and I and my brother were taken care of by an old uncle and our cousin Claire. The Mortimer family is a very old family that counts a fair number of knights, Earls, and Countesses. Our cousin Claire Mortimer-Blackthorn, Duchess of Middlesex, died a few months after we left England. It was a hard blow, we were very close... Well, Excellency, I don't really see what more I could tell you without sending you to sleep from boredom.

At once she regretted the small joke. Was joking considered rude in the chancellor's presence?
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyTue Apr 06 2021, 17:07

Anthonis listened carefully and then was in deep thought for a while.

Do not worry, I did not fall asleep. I had to dig deeply in my mind for something, but let's first get to your experience with diplomacy. We often get people here who have, how to say it, well outgrown their capacity at a local level of being a diplomat. They were chancellor of county for example or serviced many different regions as ambassador. At some occasions we receive letter from people who a eager to work for the Empire, and at some very rare occasions people come here because they think they can benefit themselves from being ambassador, though through all the years I have been chancellor, I have not seen this benefit work in practice.

Well, that said, I am curious about your previous experience in the diplomatic field. Also, your contacts and network outside the Empire could be a useful asset. Please can you elaborate?
Back to top Go down
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptySat Apr 10 2021, 15:31

Blitha hid her smile behind a slight cough. She was convinced that the chancellor had closed his eyes for a moment, perhaps to dive deeper into his thoughts. She doubted it but refrained from saying so. She answered his question honestly.

I have never been an official ambassador, Excellency. However, I was chief of Intelligence in England and I have often dealt with foreign diplomats in unofficial circumstances. I have participated in many unofficial negotiations in Ireland, France, and the Grand Duchy of Brittany.

And finally, I can assure you that I have no expectation of personal gain from a diplomatic mission.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptySat Apr 10 2021, 19:41

Anthonis listens

Then why the Imperial Chancellery? Why not the German first to gain some experience?
Back to top Go down
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptySat Apr 10 2021, 19:50

Blitha smiles.

My German is far from good, and I certainly wouldn't be very useful to the German Chancellery. I thought that my speaking three languages would be something the Imperial Chancellery could use to its advantage. And I can assure you that in spite of not being official, my experience in dealing with foreign officials is quite sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptyThu Apr 15 2021, 18:33

The Chancellor remained silent, lost in thought no doubt.
Blitha wondered what she could have said to make him think so long before answering her.
She hoped she had not flouted protocol in her responses,
she really had no intention of offending the Chancellor.
She opened her mouth to speak but thought better of it.
If he wanted to see whether she was patient, she would be.
She sat back in her seat and to pass the time started daydreaming about her horse and their long rides along the lake.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptySun Apr 18 2021, 14:21

Anthonis nodded and got up.

I want to discuss some matters with my vice-chancellor and the Emperor as well, please wait here for a moment and I will return to you with an answer.
Back to top Go down
Blitha Waringham

Blitha Waringham

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptySun Apr 18 2021, 19:35

Blitha nodded respectfully.

Very well, Excellency, I will wait.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  EmptySun Apr 25 2021, 07:51

Anthonis finally came back*, sat down, and looked at the lady.

Lady Blitha, I have discussed your application with my vice-chancellors, the Emperor and with the Arch-chancellor. I must say I did enjoy our discussion, you seem clever and bright. I see a lady who want to find a purpose within her new home, and I command that. However, we feel that your inexperience in diplomatic matters does not qualify you to join our chancellery. However, there are many ways you can serve the Empire, and your language skills would be very welcome in the Scriptorium, where we always need translators. Furthermore, I am sure that despite your German you can be of service to the German Kingdom. I am sorry that I must disappoint you

Anthonis waited if she wanted to add to this, or ask him about the ways to join the scriptorium

(ooc: I do apologize for the lengthy RP here, I have been very buys irl + my change as chancellor)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham    [RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham  Empty

Back to top Go down

[RP]Arrival of Blitha Waringham
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entrance Hall :: Reception-
Jump to: