Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Arrival of Leunam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leunam

Leunam

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyWed Nov 24 2021, 13:49

Strasbourg was unusually warm that day. No clouds could be spotted on the horizon and the carriage managed to reach the Imperial Palace right on time.

Manuel bid farewell to the coachman and approached one of the guards standing in front of the gate, showing him a letter.

I have an invitation from His High Born Lord Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari. Would it be possible to inform him of my arrival?

Manuel observed the guard disappearing inside the palace bringing his message, waiting for his return.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyThu Nov 25 2021, 12:08

As soon as Fedele was informed of the arrival of the candidate, he left the Scriptorium and went to the Entrance Hall and then to the office where Leunam was probably waiting for him.

And he was there indeed, so he approached him and said: "Welcome to Strasbourg! I am Fedele Cristoforo Bastiano Ferrari, the Head Translator of the Imperial Scriptorium. I hope you had a pleasant journey. Is this your first time in Strasbourg?"

He then guided him through a couple of corridors to a little cozier room, with a fire on in a corner and something to drink. "Would you tell me something more about you?"

Leunam

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyThu Nov 25 2021, 17:40

The Head Translator greeted him as they headed inside the palace. The lobby and the corridors they went through were carefully decorated with paintings, sculptures, and other artefacts coming from all over the Empire. It was a splendid mixture of different kinds of art, but they harmoniously complemented each other.

I have been coming here to Strasbourg regularly, but this is the first time I have visited the Imperial Palace. As a former member of the Imperial Market, I used to work a couple of miles from here.

Manuel and the Head Translator entered inside one of the rooms on the ground floor. It wasn't as impressive as the hallway outside, but it suited this kind of private meetings very well. He received a warm cup of tea from Fedele.

Thank you for having me. Let me introduce myself once again: I am Manuel degli Altieri, proud citizen of the Republic of Florence, and I am here interviewing for the position of Imperial translator.

He stopped to sip some tea. It had a fruited yet delicate aroma.

As I mentioned earlier, I served as the Trade Minister of Florence for the past four months. During that time, I had the pleasure to meet ladies and gentlemen from many different countries. Naturally, many of them did not speak Italian. I had a good time mediating their needs and writing contracts and documents in English, so this is part of the reason why I am here today.

Furthermore, as the harbourmaster of one of the liveliest ports of the Tyrrhenian Sea, I am often the first person to welcome merchants and other people coming from the southern coasts of France and Spain, and I am more than happy to help them with their needs.

Was he speaking too much? Manuel didn't want to steal too much of Fedele's time.

I can speak and write fluently in English and Italian. I also have some vague knowledge of French and Spanish, but I would not be comfortable translating documents in these two languages; they are useful to find the meaning of ambiguous sentences, though.

I believe to have all the requirements to become an Imperial translator for the Italian linguistic area. Also, I have been helping the local authorities to interpret records and papers coming from the outside

This is all. Thank you for your time. Do you have any questions?

Waiting for the reply of his interlocutor, Manuel sat back in his chair and drank the remaining of his tea.

* OOC: I have been actively helping to translate the game into Italian.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyFri Nov 26 2021, 10:51

"Oh, I see" -said Fedele- "You indeed have a lot of chores to complete"

He smiled, offering him some tea while letting him speak: "Yes, English and Italian are enough and you will be only asked to translate from/to those two languages. But I agree with you, other languages can truly help sometimes in understanding some hidden meanings and other little bits"

And then added: "I indeed have a question: I understand you have been quite busy lately and maybe you still are; do you think you have enough time for the Scriptorium? It may not seem the case, but presence is essential within it and translators are required to work on a varying number of texts of all sorts on a daily basis. Can you handle it?

Leunam

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyFri Nov 26 2021, 14:46

Manuel quietly listened to what Fedele had to say.

I can understand your concern, but there is nothing to worry about. My mandate as Trade Minister ended last week. I now have plenty of spare time in my hands. My other occupations do not take too much time, so I can work for the Scriptorium on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptySat Nov 27 2021, 15:27

Fedele nodded nad took a sip of the hot beverage.

He then handed Leunam a document and said: "This is the Charta of the Imperial Scriptorium. Please, read it carefully and ask me anything you need or want to know and really tell me if there's anything coming up to your mind!"

Charta of the Imperial Scriptorium:

Leunam

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptySat Nov 27 2021, 15:49

Manuel took the document and started reading it. It was clear and concise; there wasn't anything he didn't expect. He only asked a single question:

May I know how the workload is distributed? Is it the head translator who assigns jobs to the translators, or the other way around?

Either way, I have read and agree with the conditions established by the Charta. Whenever you prefer, I am ready to join the Imperial Scriptorium.

Thank you for the time dedicated to this interview.

He concluded, returning the scroll to Fedele.
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptySun Nov 28 2021, 22:27

Fedele listened and answered to him: "Well, translators are free to work on the announcements they want. Longer announcements may be split among a linguistic team, but that's totally up to them. The main thing that is required is to make those translations in the fastest possible way. And correctly, of course. Does this answer your doubts?"

And then said: "But in the meantime, would you mind doing a little exercise? Could you translate this old announcement into Italian, please?"

Quote :
Arrival of Leunam Banner

Recruitment of Gentile Organizer of Games

From Her Excellency Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone, Grand Master of the Imperial House of Culture,

To all the citizens of the Empire
To all who may read or hear it

Following the resignation of Ginevra Sofia Luce Bentivoglio, we inform all the population of the SRING that the Empire calls on to application for the function of Gentile Organizer of Games

The Gentile Organizer of Games shall entertain the Emperor, His Court and the people. His tasks are:

• Organize unifying games either by linguistic zone or all the Empire
• Travel the Empire to find the most fashionable entertainment
• Recruit musicians and dance masters in order to make the Court dance

To this end, we are launching today a call to all inhabitants of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae whith the following strict criteria:

• Will have to live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae. (Property)
• Must speak and understand English
• Should not have criminal records.
• Have a previous experience in this domain.

To apply for this office, the person has to send a letter with his application to the Grand Master of the Imperial House of Culture, Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone [IG: Margot.].

Signed and sealed within the imperial Palace of Strasbourg, at the 11 of December in the year of the Almighty MCLDXIV,

Arrival of Leunam 24xmkgk

Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone,
Grand Master of the Imperial House of Culture

Arrival of Leunam Grnad-master-of-arts_zps3ghm7lk5

Code:
[quote][i][img]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc436/Marie_Claire_RR/Banner.png[/img]

[b][u][color=darkred][size=18]Recruitment of Gentile Organizer of Games [/size][/color][/u][/b]

[b]From Her Excellency Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone, Grand Master of the Imperial House of Culture,

To all the citizens of the Empire
To all who may read or hear it[/b]

Following the resignation of Ginevra Sofia Luce Bentivoglio, we inform all the population of the SRING that the Empire calls on to application for the function of [b]Gentile Organizer of Games[/b]

The Gentile Organizer of Games shall entertain the Emperor, His Court and the people. His tasks are:

• Organize unifying games either by linguistic zone or all the Empire
• Travel the Empire to find the most fashionable entertainment
• Recruit musicians and dance masters in order to make the Court dance

To this end, we are launching today a call to all inhabitants of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae whith the following strict criteria:

• Will have to live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae. (Property)
 • Must speak and understand English
 • Should not have criminal records.
 • Have a previous experience in this domain.

To apply for this office, the person has to send a letter with his application to the Grand Master of the Imperial House of Culture, Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone [IG: Margot.].

Signed and sealed within the imperial Palace of Strasbourg, at the 11 of December in the year of the Almighty MCLDXIV,

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/24xmkgk.png[/img]

Grand Master of the Imperial House of Culture

[img]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/Imperial_Heraldry/Seals/Imperial%20offices/grnad-master-of-arts_zps3ghm7lk5.png[/img][/i]
[/quote]

Leunam

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyMon Nov 29 2021, 12:28

Received the scroll from Fedele, Manuel took a feather, an inkwell, and started writing.

After a short while, he gave back the piece of paper to be reviewed.

What do you think of this?

Quote :
Arrival of Leunam Banner

Selezione di un Gentile Organizzatore dei Giochi

Da Sua Eccellenza Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone, Gran Maestro della Casa Imperiale della Cultura,

A tutti i cittadini dell'Impero
A tutti coloro che leggeranno o udiranno la presente

A seguito delle dimissioni di Ginevra Sofia Luce Bentivoglio, informiamo i popoli dello SRING che l'Impero apre una candidatura per la carica di Gentile Organizzatore dei Giochi.

Il Gentile Organizzatore dei Giochi dovrà intrattenere l'Imperatore, la Sua Corte e il popolo. I suoi compiti sono:

• Organizzare giochi unificati per zona linguistica o per l'intero Impero
• Viaggiare per l'Impero al fine di scovare le migliori forme d'intrattenimento
• Reclutare maestri della musica e della danza per permettere alla Corte di ballare

Per tale fine, apriamo oggi una candidatura a tutti gli abitanti del Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae con i seguenti requisiti minimi:

• Risiedere nel Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae. (Proprietà)
• Saper parlare e comprendere l'inglese.
• Avere una fedina penale pulita.
• Avere esperienze precedenti in questo campo.

Per partecipare a questo bando, l'interessato dovrà spedire una missiva contenente la propria candidatura al Gran Maestro della Casa Imperiale della Cultura, Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone [IG: Margot.].

Firmato e sigillato nel Palazzo Imperiale di Strasburgo l'11 dicembre dell'anno di grazia MCLDXIV,

Arrival of Leunam 24xmkgk

Gran Maestro della Casa Imperiale della Cultura

Arrival of Leunam Grnad-master-of-arts_zps3ghm7lk5

Code:
[quote][i][img]https://2img.net/h/i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc436/Marie_Claire_RR/Banner.png[/img]

[b][u][color=darkred][size=18]Selezione di un Gentile Organizzatore dei Giochi[/size][/color][/u][/b]

[b]Da Sua Eccellenza Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone, Gran Maestro della Casa Imperiale della Cultura,

A tutti i cittadini dell'Impero
A tutti coloro che leggeranno o udiranno la presente[/b]

A seguito delle dimissioni di Ginevra Sofia Luce Bentivoglio, informiamo i popoli dello SRING che l'Impero apre una candidatura per la carica di [b]Gentile Organizzatore dei Giochi[/b].

Il Gentile Organizzatore dei Giochi dovrà intrattenere l'Imperatore, la Sua Corte e il popolo. I suoi compiti sono:

• Organizzare giochi unificati per zona linguistica o per l'intero Impero
• Viaggiare per l'Impero al fine di scovare le migliori forme d'intrattenimento
• Reclutare maestri della musica e della danza per permettere alla Corte di ballare

Per tale fine, apriamo oggi una candidatura a tutti gli abitanti del Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae con i seguenti requisiti minimi:

• Risiedere nel Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae. (Proprietà)
 • Saper parlare e comprendere l'inglese.
 • Avere una fedina penale pulita.
 • Avere esperienze precedenti in questo campo.

Per partecipare a questo bando, l'interessato dovrà spedire una missiva contenente la propria candidatura al Gran Maestro della Casa Imperiale della Cultura, Margherita Aurora Di Luna Merisi in Corleone [IG: Margot.].

Firmato e sigillato nel Palazzo Imperiale di Strasburgo l'11 dicembre dell'anno di grazia MCLDXIV,

[img]https://2img.net/h/oi63.tinypic.com/24xmkgk.png[/img]

Gran Maestro della Casa Imperiale della Cultura

[img]https://2img.net/h/i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/Imperial_Heraldry/Seals/Imperial%20offices/grnad-master-of-arts_zps3ghm7lk5.png[/img][/i]
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Fedele Ferrari

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyTue Nov 30 2021, 12:20

"It seems fine to me, thank you" -said Fedele looking at the translation- "So, as you have read on the Charta, it's up to the Imperial Spokesperson to choose new translators"

He stood up: "If you excuse me, I'd like to speak to her. I'll come back as soon as a decision is taken"

Fedele Ferrari

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyFri Dec 03 2021, 21:38

Fedele came back and said to the candidate: "Well, well, well... I spoke with the Imperial Spokesperson and she agreed to hire you as an Imperial translator! You are now a member of the Imperial Scriptorium! Please, always keep in mind the Charta that I showed you! If there's something you do not know, please always, always, always ask for help. Remember that teamwork is essential! In fact, there may even be a translation awaiting for you, but you'll see once you enter the Scriptorium"

He then stood up again and handed him the keys.

Leunam

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam EmptyFri Dec 03 2021, 22:35

Manuel quietly listened to the response.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I will head straight to the Scriptorium. If I need it, I will ask my colleagues for help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arrival of Leunam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Leunam   Arrival of Leunam Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Leunam
Page 1 of 1