Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

[GDR] Arrival of Milady

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Milady.

Milady.

[GDR] Arrival of Milady  Empty
PostSubject: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyThu Jun 17 2021, 09:54

The journey had been long but pleasant
Now in front of the magnificence of the palace she felt intimidated
She had received an invitation to go there from the Imperial Chancellor, to participate in the selection for the role of Imperial Ambassador
She showed up at the entrance and waited to be received
Back to top Go down
Atum.

Atum.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyMon Jun 21 2021, 15:24

the chancellor entered the room to welcome the new candidate.

I'm Sigismondo Alessandro Farnese and I'm the Imperial Chancellor. First of all I apologize for keeping you waiting, one of my two vice chancellors will be coming to interview you shortly. In the meantime make yourselves comfortable.
Was the trip to the Chancery a pleasant one?
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyMon Jun 21 2021, 23:07

Ilderico followed the chancellor and said to their guest: "welcome, now I will have to return the warm reception you gave me at Castello Sforzesco the last time I was there"
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptySat Jun 26 2021, 22:18

Good evening Excellencies
Thank you for your welcome, it was a pleasant journey and I can't wait to be able to compare myself with your test
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyMon Jun 28 2021, 00:02

If you say so, we can only start. What about you? What has been your journey? What have been your defining experiences?
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyMon Jun 28 2021, 09:41

My "journey" to get to be here today and answer your questions has been a long and demanding journey.
For years ambassador of the Duchy of Milan for numerous countries, Italian-speaking, French-speaking and the Swiss confederation including the German cantons
Two terms of 4 months each, as Grand Chamberlain of the Duchy and now am replacing the new GC, who resigned
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyTue Jun 29 2021, 00:12

definitely a successful career, what have been the most rewarding moments and what have been the most difficult ones?
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyTue Jun 29 2021, 00:54

The interview had begun, Rebecca tried not to wander and remain attentive and focused on the answers, which nevertheless came out spontaneously.

Over time, rewarding moments accumulate, people you have collaborated with who remember you with pleasure even after a long time, the friendly relationships that are created, bringing your Ducato to be considered and respected even outside your own borders
One of all, an artistic / historical / cultural presentation on the Duchy at the Swiss Confederation, edited by me personally

Difficult moments ... Milan is experiencing one these days, it involves every sector, including diplomacy, you commit yourself, you give your best, but there are great moments of despair, when respect is lacking, sometimes in a veiled way, other times to due to professional jackals or by those who ride the moment for personal convenience
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyTue Jun 29 2021, 22:22

Yes, that is definitely an unpleasant situation. Going further, what is your opinion of diplomacy in general? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyTue Jun 29 2021, 23:11

Diplomacy is a fascinating world, the art of compromise, being able to find a meeting point in difficult situations and the knowledge of facts and people that often helps to put the pieces of the puzzle in the right place
Conversely, if it is not actively and constantly pursued it can be slow and inappropriate
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyWed Jun 30 2021, 23:42

as an ambassadress, what have you done and what would you do in the event of an inactive embassy? what would you do to revive the relationship?
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyThu Jul 01 2021, 21:51

Unfortunately it was not an extreme situation, it happened very often not to receive answers, or to receive them in a very long time

The first thing I ask ... I asked my ambassadors, and therefore also myself, to send a PNJ on the spot, in order to get, as far as possible, an idea directly on site and try to understand the reasons for where this happens
I would contact anyone who could indicate a contact person and once I have identified a person in charge, I would try to involve them in exchanges of various kinds, from a simple chat about customs and traditions, the most common problems, up to proposing cultural or commercial exchanges or collaborations (where possible ) with a lot of patience, without giving up when faced with the first difficulties
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyThu Jul 01 2021, 23:21

seems to me a very pragmatic and effective approach. I often follow the same approach myself. Another way that pays off is to travel, in gratibus, to your own land. what do you think? would you be willing to travel?
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyFri Jul 02 2021, 22:30

I call myself a sailor, I have traveled extensively in RR, the Swiss Confederation is my second home, and Scotland, England, Ireland, Spain, the Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Germany as well as all the Italian-speaking territories, Alexandria of Egypt, Bosnia, Turkey, khan's camp... yes, i think i wouldn't mind traveling
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyFri Jul 02 2021, 23:36

This is impressive. Very well done!

For me, the interview is almost over. Before examining the statute of the chancellery do you have any questions for me?
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptySat Jul 03 2021, 13:19

a question that may seem obvious;
what is the difference between local and imperial diplomacy?
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 00:05

This brings us to the Statute of the Chancellery anyway.. said Ilderico smiling.
The Bulla Aurea in the fourth article and the statute of the chancellery in article 1.2 explain the relationship between the provincial and imperial chancelleries. The effective cooperation was sometimes very fruitful and sometimes very little, depending on various factors. The fact remains that before signing new treaties, the imperial provinces must seek the emperor's agreement.

since we are talking about it here is a copy of the statutes, I ask you to read it carefully and tell me if everything is clear to you or if you have any questions.

Quote :
[GDR] Arrival of Milady  Banner

Statute of the Imperial Chancellery

Article 1: Role and function of the Imperial Chancellery
1.1 The Imperial Chancellery is in charge of the relations of the Holy Roman Empire with foreign Kingdoms and their institutions. It represents the interests of the Empire and ensures the respect of its integrity by foreign powers.
1.2 The Imperial Chancellery is working closely with provincial and royal chancelleries of the Empire. The Hall of Charlemagne is reserved for this collaboration.
1.3 The Imperial Chancellery welcomes foreign dignitaries wishing to meet the Emperor.

Article 2: Composition of the Imperial Chancellery
2.1 The Imperial Chancellery is led by the Imperial Chancellor, who is appointed by the Emperor.
2.2 The Imperial Chancellor can appoint up to three Vice-Chancellors who will help him to manage the Imperial Chancellery.
2.3 The Imperial Ambassadors are intermediaries between the Imperial Chancellor and the entrusted Realm.

Article 3: About the Imperial ambassadors
3.1 The ambassadors are admitted by the Imperial Chancellor after he has considered the application. The following requirements must be met:

• Live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae;
  • Have no criminal records from the past 6 months or has been acquitted by the Emperor;
  • Do not belong to any foreign or any criminal organizations;
  • Understand and speak English;
  • Must not have any role that might interfere with their work as ambassador.

3.2 Every ambassador is allowed to cover local and imperial offices, as long as his presence and activity inside the Imperial Chancellery will not be influenced. In any case, in order to preserve the integrity of Imperial Chancellery, the Imperial ambassador will be suspended for the entire mandate of the office in the following cases:

• being local regent;
  • being Chancellor at local level or toward foreign entities;
  • being ambassador at local level or toward foreign entities, different from the one assigned by the Empire.

At the end of the mandate, the Imperial ambassador will be reintegrated in the staff of the Chancellery.

3.3 Every Imperial ambassador has to immediately inform the Imperial Chancellor and the Imperial Regent prior to covering one of the mentioned offices or if already holding one. If the imperial ambassador will not inform anyone, he will be dismissed from the office.

Article 4: Activities inside the Chancellery
4.1 The ambassadors are encouraged to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries and to strengthen the relations of friendship and respect. They must be respectful toward their counterparts, foreign kingdoms and also toward every imperial citizen and imperial province. They must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them.

4.2 Every member of the Chancellery must be present, active and must visit regularly the Hall of Charlemagne. It is very important to show respect for the office and for the other Imperial ambassadors, remembering the final purpose of the imperial diplomacy.

4.3 Absences have to be communicated to the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor. Prolonged or unannounced absences may lead to the withdrawal from the assigned ambassadorial position or to the exclusion from the Chancellery, at the discretion of the Chancellor.

4.4 No one is allowed to share information with people outside the Imperial Chancellery. Only the Emperor, the Imperial Regent and the Imperial Chancellor can provide such permission. Violation of secrecy can be considered high treason.

4.5 Every member of the Chancellery is allowed to draft and discuss treaties with their counterparts, in close collaboration with the Chancellor. However, treaties only come into effect after the Emperor and the Imperial Chancellor have signed the document and added their seal. Imperial Ambassadors are encouraged to co-sign as well.

4.6 Every member of the Imperial Chancellery has to swear an oath to the Empire and the Emperor, at the start of their term. In addition, this oath must be taken before every new Emperor. The formula in use is the following:

Quote :
I, [name], as [role], swear in front of the Almighty to be faithful and loyal to the Emperor of the Sacrum Imperium Romanorum Nationis Germanicae, His Imperial Majesty [name of the Emperor].
I swear to accomplish at the best my ambassadorial charge and to remain neutral, diplomatic, erudite, diligent, objective, and respectful during my active service. I strive to always represent the Imperial Crown with dignity, at home and abroad, and to contribute to its Greatness.
May the Almighty always assist me!

Written, signed and sealed in Strasbourg on the 12th of March in the year of the Lord MCDLXVII.
[GDR] Arrival of Milady  Sign
His Imperial Majesty Thibaud d'Irissarri
divina favente Clementia Electus Romanorum Imperator Semper Augustus

[GDR] Arrival of Milady  RTMlhh8
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 00:51

I finished my mandate as Grand Chamberlain in May, then bureaucratic delays and lack of suitable candidates extended it until late June
Then they appointed another GC, who for personal reasons immediately resigned and given the Milanese situation in those days they asked me to resume management
On 3 July a new call was closed, I am waiting to be replaced by the new holder of the role to be free from the commitment
I remain ambassador for the Swiss Confederation, but if you consider me suitable, I would take a break to fully experience this new adventure
Back to top Go down
Ilderico

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 23:53

Well, I look forward to hearing from you about the appointment of a new Gran Ciambellano in Milan.
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyTue Jul 06 2021, 00:09

today the only candidacy was brought to the council, an expert and valid person, so I don't think there will be problems
Back to top Go down
Milady.

Milady.

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  EmptyThu Jul 08 2021, 20:08

Here, is the assignment of the new Grand Chamberlain of Milan, from now on I am free and available, in case the interview was satisfactory

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?p=94905751#94905751
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GDR] Arrival of Milady    [GDR] Arrival of Milady  Empty

Back to top Go down

[GDR] Arrival of Milady
Page 1 of 1