Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

[gdr]Arrival of Tancredis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tancredis

Tancredis

[gdr]Arrival of Tancredis Empty
PostSubject: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyThu Jun 17 2021, 00:59

After a long time Tancredis returned to the Imperial Chancellery.

Good morning, I am Tancredis of Biancamano Warlords de Medici.
I have been invited by the Chancellor to present myself in this office.

Atum.

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyMon Jun 21 2021, 15:25

the chancellor entered the room to welcome the new candidate.

I'm Sigismondo Alessandro Farnese and I'm the Imperial Chancellor. First of all I apologize for keeping you waiting, one of my two vice chancellors will be coming to interview you shortly. In the meantime make yourselves comfortable.
May I offer you some excellent Florentine wine while you wait?
Back to top Go down
Eriti

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyMon Jun 21 2021, 16:15

Eriti was following her schedule and heading to her next interview.
According to her documents her next assignement was a florentine man.

She entered the room in which the man was waiting.

I'm here for His High Well Born Tancredis di Biancamano Warlords de' Medici, Baron of Donoratico and Montelupo Fiorentino - she read the name and then rose her head.

I'm... - she stopped noticed the Chancellor in there.

Your Excellency I didn't know you were here too. Will you be present while I'll interview His High Well Born?

Eriti then set her eyes on the other man.

I am Eriti Velia Malipiero Giustiniani Longo, Imperial Vice Chancellor and I am here to interview you. Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyMon Jun 21 2021, 16:54

Quote :

the chancellor entered the room to welcome the new candidate.

I'm Sigismondo Alessandro Farnese and I'm the Imperial Chancellor. First of all I apologize for keeping you waiting, one of my two vice chancellors will be coming to interview you shortly. In the meantime make yourselves comfortable.
May I offer you some excellent Florentine wine while you wait?

Thank you, Your Excellency, for receiving me. A glass of wine is always appreciated.

While Tancredis was sipping the good wine offered by His Excellency the Imperial Chancellor, His Excellency Eriti Velia Malipiero Giustiniani Longo, Vice Imperial Chancellor, entered the room.

Pleased to meet you," said Tancredis with a bow of the head, "I am at your disposal.

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyTue Jun 22 2021, 12:09

Eriti greeted the candidate while standing still.
The pleasure is mine, I know you by name, since you are related to the florentine diplomacy, but never had the chance to meet you before, if I recall right.

She smiled a bit than look at the Chancellor.

Your Excellency I am ready to start the interview, may I?
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyTue Jun 22 2021, 13:14

Excellency Eriti, if my memory serves me correctly, we have met in other Italian halls, but I may be faint in my recollection.
Of course I am ready!

Eriti

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyWed Jun 23 2021, 10:58

Eriti glanced at the Chancellor that did not speak again and sat down, putting her documents on the table before her.

So, let's start from the basic questions - she said towards the Baron.

Can you introduce yourself and tell me more about your life, what you did and why you candidate yourself as imperial Ambassador?
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyWed Jun 23 2021, 11:55

Certainly Your Excellency, I was born in Piombino in the Republic of Florence.

Curriculum Vitae:

In 1457- I entered the Florentine diplomatic corps, holding various Embassies.
Assignments obtained within the diplomatic corps :
18 times appointed Grand Chamberlain, and 8 times appointed Consul of Florence.

In 1461- Prince of Florence.

Other offices held in Florence.
Captain
Judge
Prefect
Sergeant
MdGo
1463- appointed Imperial Vice-Chancellor, a post he held for 20 days, due to a call from Florence to restructure the diplomatic corps, which at that time needed a thorough overhaul of its structures

To answer your question: I answer with a simple sentence, I absolutely believe that participating in the growth of the Empire in all its forms is a benefit for all peoples who animate it.

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyTue Jun 29 2021, 00:19

Ilderico entered the room. "Sorry to interrupt, Your Excellency, you are required elsewhere. Let me continue the interview." He said, addressing Eriti.

He took the notes on the table and after reading them smiled at Tancredis:
"we meet here too.Sorry for the fuss, it is a pleasure to see you here also. May I ask what languages you know?"
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyTue Jun 29 2021, 00:37

Ilderico entered the room, returned the smile and answered her question.

The languages I deal with are: English, Spanish, and not perfectly French.

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyTue Jun 29 2021, 22:13

very good! According to your experience, what are the most common mistakes that can happen to an ambassador? what are the best strategies to avoid them?
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyWed Jun 30 2021, 00:30

The ambassador must manage diplomatic relations between his country and the host country, as the highest representative of his state in the place where he is accredited.
These diplomatic relations consist not only of meetings aimed at simple representation but also at promoting cultural relations between the two countries, through special offices.
Not all ambassadors find fertile ground for carrying out their diplomatic mission. This does not always depend on him but on the political relations between states. If they are cordial, the ambassador's mission will be downhill. If, on the other hand, they are complicated or even hostile, the most drastic solution can be diplomatic rupture.

In conclusion, the qualities must be prudence, knowing how to listen, mediating a tense situation and negotiating a compromise that presents a win-win situation for all parties.

If you fail in these tasks there is no personal fault, you are simply not cut out for this role.

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyWed Jun 30 2021, 23:46

have you ever faced a situation of a complete or partial diplomatic rupture?
How did you handle this kind of situation?
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyThu Jul 01 2021, 22:45

As Ambassador I have never been in this situation, all diplomatic tables have been resolved positively.

As Grand Chamberlain, or Consul, I found myself in difficult situations.

Before finding a solution, it is necessary to identify the reason for a break in diplomatic relations, reading the documents in one's possession carefully to see if there are any violations of 'jus cogens' within them that prevent normal negotiations.

Once the causes of the diplomatic break have been identified, respecting the policy of the state of both parties, a new diplomatic table can be set up to negotiate, and a compromise solution can be found that satisfies both parties.

In conclusion not in vain diplomacy is often called the art of settling the interests of different countries.

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyFri Jul 02 2021, 00:27

and being an "art" requires different skills and the ability to mitigate the flaws that each of us has. May I ask, according to your personal point of view, which are yours? I mean Flaws and Skills
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptySun Jul 04 2021, 00:42

To answer this question correctly I would have to be a judge of myself, inevitably using a personal scale, certainly not a perfect one.
Each of us walks our own path, so we take responsibility for appreciating ourselves, learning from mistakes and not making new ones.

No one is so skilled that they never make mistakes.

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 00:08

I appreciate your humble response. For my part, the interview may be almost over. Before we proceed to the examination of the Statute, however, I would like to ask you if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 09:15

Thank you, I have no question

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyMon Jul 05 2021, 23:45

well, then all that remains are the final formalities. here is a copy of the statutes, I ask you to read it carefully and tell me if everything is clear to you or if you have any questions.

Quote :
[gdr]Arrival of Tancredis Banner

Statute of the Imperial Chancellery

Article 1: Role and function of the Imperial Chancellery
1.1 The Imperial Chancellery is in charge of the relations of the Holy Roman Empire with foreign Kingdoms and their institutions. It represents the interests of the Empire and ensures the respect of its integrity by foreign powers.
1.2 The Imperial Chancellery is working closely with provincial and royal chancelleries of the Empire. The Hall of Charlemagne is reserved for this collaboration.
1.3 The Imperial Chancellery welcomes foreign dignitaries wishing to meet the Emperor.

Article 2: Composition of the Imperial Chancellery
2.1 The Imperial Chancellery is led by the Imperial Chancellor, who is appointed by the Emperor.
2.2 The Imperial Chancellor can appoint up to three Vice-Chancellors who will help him to manage the Imperial Chancellery.
2.3 The Imperial Ambassadors are intermediaries between the Imperial Chancellor and the entrusted Realm.

Article 3: About the Imperial ambassadors
3.1 The ambassadors are admitted by the Imperial Chancellor after he has considered the application. The following requirements must be met:

• Live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae;
  • Have no criminal records from the past 6 months or has been acquitted by the Emperor;
  • Do not belong to any foreign or any criminal organizations;
  • Understand and speak English;
  • Must not have any role that might interfere with their work as ambassador.

3.2 Every ambassador is allowed to cover local and imperial offices, as long as his presence and activity inside the Imperial Chancellery will not be influenced. In any case, in order to preserve the integrity of Imperial Chancellery, the Imperial ambassador will be suspended for the entire mandate of the office in the following cases:

• being local regent;
  • being Chancellor at local level or toward foreign entities;
  • being ambassador at local level or toward foreign entities, different from the one assigned by the Empire.

At the end of the mandate, the Imperial ambassador will be reintegrated in the staff of the Chancellery.

3.3 Every Imperial ambassador has to immediately inform the Imperial Chancellor and the Imperial Regent prior to covering one of the mentioned offices or if already holding one. If the imperial ambassador will not inform anyone, he will be dismissed from the office.

Article 4: Activities inside the Chancellery
4.1 The ambassadors are encouraged to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries and to strengthen the relations of friendship and respect. They must be respectful toward their counterparts, foreign kingdoms and also toward every imperial citizen and imperial province. They must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them.

4.2 Every member of the Chancellery must be present, active and must visit regularly the Hall of Charlemagne. It is very important to show respect for the office and for the other Imperial ambassadors, remembering the final purpose of the imperial diplomacy.

4.3 Absences have to be communicated to the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor. Prolonged or unannounced absences may lead to the withdrawal from the assigned ambassadorial position or to the exclusion from the Chancellery, at the discretion of the Chancellor.

4.4 No one is allowed to share information with people outside the Imperial Chancellery. Only the Emperor, the Imperial Regent and the Imperial Chancellor can provide such permission. Violation of secrecy can be considered high treason.

4.5 Every member of the Chancellery is allowed to draft and discuss treaties with their counterparts, in close collaboration with the Chancellor. However, treaties only come into effect after the Emperor and the Imperial Chancellor have signed the document and added their seal. Imperial Ambassadors are encouraged to co-sign as well.

4.6 Every member of the Imperial Chancellery has to swear an oath to the Empire and the Emperor, at the start of their term. In addition, this oath must be taken before every new Emperor. The formula in use is the following:

Quote :
I, [name], as [role], swear in front of the Almighty to be faithful and loyal to the Emperor of the Sacrum Imperium Romanorum Nationis Germanicae, His Imperial Majesty [name of the Emperor].
I swear to accomplish at the best my ambassadorial charge and to remain neutral, diplomatic, erudite, diligent, objective, and respectful during my active service. I strive to always represent the Imperial Crown with dignity, at home and abroad, and to contribute to its Greatness.
May the Almighty always assist me!

Written, signed and sealed in Strasbourg on the 12th of March in the year of the Lord MCDLXVII.
[gdr]Arrival of Tancredis Sign
His Imperial Majesty Thibaud d'Irissarri
divina favente Clementia Electus Romanorum Imperator Semper Augustus

[gdr]Arrival of Tancredis RTMlhh8
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyTue Jul 06 2021, 07:17

I have read the statute carefully, and I have no questions.

Ilderico

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyThu Jul 08 2021, 08:18

so as you may have noticed your current position as Gran Ciambellano puts you in a situation on nonfulfillment of the requirements to be an Imperial Ambassador. I guess it's a matter of days but we don't know what happens next. It's an awkward question but I have to ask: will you participate in the next elections too?
Back to top Go down
Tancredis

Tancredis

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis EmptyFri Jul 09 2021, 13:42

In ten days my term of office as Grand Chamberlain expires, so I am able to take on other commitments.
I am on the electoral roll but ineligible.

PostSubject: Re: [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis   [gdr]Arrival of Tancredis Empty

Back to top Go down

[gdr]Arrival of Tancredis
Page 1 of 1