Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Arrival of Cipro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cipro

PostSubject: Arrival of Cipro   Fri Feb 02 2018, 10:27

After a long journey from Genoa, I finally arrived at the imperial palace.
When the guards asked me who I was, I answered:

i am Cipro from La Spezia, I'm here to meet the Imperial Chancellor Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Fri Feb 02 2018, 13:06

Anthonis walked into the reception area, since he heard of a new arrival.

Welcome sir, I am Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia, Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire. Our advertisement has been wel received since we have multiple candidates arriving at the same time. So please if you do not mind, our vice-chancellor Puzzler will talk to you, while I attent to another candidate.

Please wait here until he arrives, he has been informed.

Anthonis smiled and give him a small bow...

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
Cipro

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Fri Feb 02 2018, 13:13

Of course I don't mind your Excellence, I'll wait here for him.

I nodded.
Back to top Go down
Puzzler

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Fri Feb 02 2018, 20:06

After he was informed by a guard about a new candidate who just arrived at the Palace, Augustus took some papers and documents from his desk and went downstairs to meet him in the Hall.

Welcome to Strasbourg, ser. My name's Augustus Caesar Malaspina, Imperial Vice-Chancellor. It's always a pleasure to meet new people willing to join our great Empire. Please, follow me into my office so that we can talk without any trouble.

Then, whereas they were going into the office, Augustus quietly asked to a servant for some good wine from the cellar for his guest.

Now, please, take a seat. A servant is coming for us with a bottle of wine, I hope you're not that thirsty!

He smiled

Let's start with some easy but very important questions.

Tell me something about yourself, for instance if you have already had some experiences in diplomacy matters, the languages you can speak and, most importantly, the reason why you want to join us.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Fri Feb 02 2018, 21:15

My name is Cipro, it's a pleasure to meet you. And I followed him into his office.

I would accept with pleasure a glass of wine, I am italian as you are and I can't say No to a glass of good wine. I said smiling too.

So, I'll start talking about myself. I'm still young but for this reason I'm very willing to be useful and to have something to do. Furthermore, I have always liked the art of diplomacy, the ability of good speaking and I do want to be useful to the empire.
I have no previous experience in diplomacy, but I have a very moderate attitude, even though I know when it's time to be tough and how to convince other people.
My mother tongue is italian and I am very fluent in english and spanish. Moreover I know a bit of french.
I would like to join the imperial diplomacy because I really want to improve my skills and I would be honoured to serve the emperor and the empire.
Back to top Go down
Puzzler

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:44

Augustus heard those words carefully and when he ended his answer, he replied:

I can see a little bit of myself in you, I hope it's a good thing!

Since you are very young and with very little experience in diplomacy I'm going to show you a parchment about the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery. Read it carefully, especially the part regarding the obligations of an Ambassador, and ask me any question if you need some clarification. Then, confirm us that you accept everything written there.

And, please, we also need your proof of baptism.

Then, he put on his desk the parchment.

Quote :

Statute of the Imperial Chancellery

Preamble

• The Imperial Chancellery is an institution governed by its own Constitution.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is an institution serving the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae and the Emperor.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is not able to take a decision, decree, or order without the Emperor agreement.

Article I: About the role of the Imperial Chancellery

• The Imperial Chancellery is in charge of the relations with foreign Kingdoms and their institutions. It represents the interests of the Empire and ensures the respect of its integrity by foreign powers.
  • The Imperial Chancellery manages imperial diplomacy.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is working closely with provincial and royal chancelleries of the Empire.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is the institution initiating negotiations with a foreign Realm.
  • The Imperial Chancellery welcomes foreign dignitaries wishing to meet the Emperor.

Article II: About the functioning of the Chancellery

• The Imperial Chancellery is led by the Imperial Chancellor, who is appointed by the Emperor.
  • The Imperial Chancellor can appoint up to three Vice-Chancellors who will help him in his duty of management of the Imperial Chancellery.
  • The Imperial Ambassadors are intermediaries between the Imperial Chancellor and the entrusted Realm.

Article III: About the admission of ambassadors
The ambassadors are admitted by the Chancellor after he has considered the candidacy. The following requirements must be met:

• Live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae;
  • Be Aristotelians and be baptized;
  • Have no criminal records;
  • Do not belong to any foreign organizations or any criminal ones;
  • Understand and speak English;
  • Must not have any role that might interfere with their work as ambassador.

Article IV / About the permissions and obligations of members of the Chancellery

IV a) Permissions:
  • Can assume other imperial or provincial mandates as long as that do not interfere with their work as ambassador, after the Chancellor's consensus;
  • The Imperial Chancellery encourages the ambassadors to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries. This will be possible as long as the imperial ambassadors maintain their work for the Empire, their duty as a vassal and keep their home in the Empire.

IV b) Obligations:
  • A member of the Chancellery must be present and active in the Chancellery;
  • No information exchanged within the Chancellery should be disclosed;
  • An oath to the Empire and the Emperor will be given by each arriving member, and then, to each new Emperor;
  • Members of the Chancellery must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them;
  • Every member must obey the orders given by the Chancellor.

Article V: About the meeting with the provincial and royal Chancellors

• To make sure that the imperial diplomacy will be united and will respond to the provincial expectations, the Hall of Charlemagne will be available for meeting with the provincial and royal Chancellors, the provinces of the German Kingdom being represented by their Royal Chancellor.
  • Each Chancellor is free to participate.
  • This meeting will be led by the Imperial Chancellor, who will ask the advises of the other Chancellors on several subjects.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:30

I took the chart the Vice chancellor gave me and read it carefully.

I fulfill all the requirements, here my certificate of baptism.
I have read the obligations and I have understood them, for now I don't have further questions.

And I gave to him my certificate of baptism.

Back to top Go down
Puzzler

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:48

He read the certificate and then put it in the file.

Good. I have another question, and I would say that this is probably a crucial one, therefore think about your answer.

As you can probably imagine, being an Ambassador is mainly a work of words: letters are just words, treaties are just made of words too. But this also means that we need someone else willing to hear us on the other side, and this is not always the case.

You said you've a very moderate behaviour and you love the art of "good-speaking". How would you deal with a counterpart who is not active at all... a counterpart that doesn't even reply back to what you write to them. Be aware that I'm not talking about your personal reaction, but about the way you would handle that situation when in Strasbourg there is someone who waits for your news about that Embassy.

I know this is not an easy question, but this is the greatest issue that we face every day (and when I say "every" I really mean it). You need to be prepared to that, thus I want to know the "what would you do, if..." answer to this problem. Of course, there is no actual "good" or "bad" answer but try hard to give me a reasonable one.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Mon Feb 05 2018, 00:09

I thought a little bit and then I answered

If my counterpart didn't respond me, firstly I would write directly to him [ooc: a pm in game]. If I kept on not getting any answer, I would write to their superior, obviously in a diplomatic way, to have my answer.

I smiled. That is what I would have done, I hope it was right.
Back to top Go down
Puzzler

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Tue Feb 06 2018, 00:32

All right, I will report everything back to the Chancellor, but before that in case you were admitted, is there some particular Embassy that you're interested in or that you would rather avoid?

Of course, any explanation would be poistively read, nontheless I can only guarantee that your preferences will be considered and evaluated by the Chancellor.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Tue Feb 06 2018, 08:40

I would like very much to go in a spanish embassy. It's been a while I haven't got the chance to speak spanish and I'd enjoy to have the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Puzzler

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Fri Feb 16 2018, 22:31

The Vice-Chancellor came back into the room where he left his guest and with a smile on his face , he said:

I'm glad to announce you that, after a bit of talks, we've accepted your application and that you are going to, from now on, represent the SRING both outside and within our Empire with your words and behaviour.

You've been assigned to the Embassy in Aragon, a Spanish Kingdom as you asked. The public announcement is going to be published as soon as possible. Please, get used to your new office and ask for any question or doubt you may have in your work.

Welcome into the Chancellery, Your Excellency!

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Fri Feb 16 2018, 22:36

Anthonis now had time to meet the new Ambassador as well so he stepped into the room and bowed.

Congratulations your Excellency, please here you will find the keys to your new office. Vice-Chancellor Augustus will help you get settled. Welcome.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
Cipro

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   Sat Feb 17 2018, 09:10

Thenk you Chancellor, I am very thankful for this opportunity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Cipro   

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Cipro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entrance Hall :: Reception-