Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shekinah

PostSubject: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Thu Feb 01 2018, 22:41

The pink carriage with the sestola crest stopped in the courtyard in front of the imperial palace.
The servants in pink livery helped the Viscountess to come down.
Sheky looked at the building, she climbed the stairs and she said to a page:
I am here to meet the Imperial Chancellor Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 02 2018, 13:07

Anthonis walked into the reception area, since he heard of a new arrival.

Welcome Lady, I am Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia, Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire. Our advertisement has been wel received since we have multiple candidates arriving at the same time. So please if you do not mind, our vice-chancellor Alienor will talk to you, while I attent to another candidate.

Please wait here until she arrives, she has been informed.

Anthonis smiled and give her a small bow...

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~  Parel Elysia my Love †  ~  Pascual †  ~
Back to top Go down
Alienor Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 02 2018, 14:53

Aliénor, warned by her superior, arrived shortly after. In the meantime, she had asked a servant to bring some refreshments for the candidate. She directly headed toward to the Great Hall to greet the Viscountess.

Please be welcomed in the Palace! My name is Aliénor Catherine de Cetzes de Chenot, Imperial Vice-Chancellor. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I hope you had a pleasant journey? Please, let's discuss more quietly into to a meeting room.

Leading her in one of the a small and comfortable meeting room close to the Great Hall, the young Vice-Chancellor showed her chairs near the fireplace and a servant approched to offer refreshment to the guest. With a smile, she started the interview.

The Imperial Chancellor has shared your letter with me and it is very interesting. I am pleased that you are able to make the travel very fast after his answer. We have received several candidacies which is very good for imperial services as well. May I inquire what motivated you to submit your application? I would also like to know more about your experience as a diplomat.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 02 2018, 22:29

Sheky bowed to the Imperial Chancellor
Thank you, Excellency

In a short time a beautiful Lady arrives, the Imperial Vice Chancellor who welcomes her with a smile
Sheky smiles at her and follows her to a delightful parlor
The heat of the fireplace is relaxing and a sweet liqueur makes it start again from the long journey

The journey was long but pleasant
I want to be an ambassador for the empire for a long time..
but you know how it is
the husband, the children ... it's not easy for a woman .. now the children are all old enough and I'm freer.
I believe you know the situation of Modena:
I am a fervent Aristotelian believer and I have always worked in the name of the Empire
Today's the Duchy of Modena I do not like anymore because it does not have my ideals
This is the reason for the decision to look around me
I was a Great Chamberlain of Modena for two times (and the old Great Chamberlain of Modena for two times):
The first time for about 8 months, I was young and the world of diplomacy fascinated me: different habits and customs, many new people to know, I love this job!!!
Last year I was again a great chamberlain for 4 months, the environment has changed, the climate is less relaxed, but the role is always beautiful.
I am ambassador of the duchy of Modena accredited to the reign of the two Sicilies since 1459:
at the beginning it was not easy, but slowly I managed to conquer them..
now diplomatic relations are excellent.
What do I love about this role?
the mundane part: coronations, parties, dances!

She beamed at her
The part of the diplomatic treaties intrigues me.
Diplomacy is all fascinating world and I can talk about it all night!

she said, sipping the sweet liqueur
Back to top Go down
Alienor Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:57

Aliénor listened carefully

Yes I am a spouse and mother myself, I understand. My children are still very young and they are the sun in my life. I am a fervent Aristotelician as well and I understand that you might feel torn in Modena at the moment with all the tensions. I am glad to live in the duchy of Milano and not in Modena in those troubled times. I am glad that you choose to candidate yourself in the Imperial Chancellery.

Before we go through your language proficiency and other questions, I would like to show you the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery especially the duties of an Ambassador so you know what is expected as well as the requirements because you need to confirm that you meet them. We will also ask you to bring a proof of baptism. Please read and let me know if you have any questions.

Hands her a parchment to read.

Quote :

Statute of the Imperial Chancellery

Preamble

• The Imperial Chancellery is an institution governed by its own Constitution.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is an institution serving the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae and the Emperor.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is not able to take a decision, decree, or order without the Emperor agreement.

Article I: About the role of the Imperial Chancellery

• The Imperial Chancellery is in charge of the relations with foreign Kingdoms and their institutions. It represents the interests of the Empire and ensures the respect of its integrity by foreign powers.
  • The Imperial Chancellery manages imperial diplomacy.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is working closely with provincial and royal chancelleries of the Empire.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is the institution initiating negotiations with a foreign Realm.
  • The Imperial Chancellery welcomes foreign dignitaries wishing to meet the Emperor.

Article II: About the functioning of the Chancellery

• The Imperial Chancellery is led by the Imperial Chancellor, who is appointed by the Emperor.
  • The Imperial Chancellor can appoint up to three Vice-Chancellors who will help him in his duty of management of the Imperial Chancellery.
  • The Imperial Ambassadors are intermediaries between the Imperial Chancellor and the entrusted Realm.

Article III: About the admission of ambassadors
The ambassadors are admitted by the Chancellor after he has considered the candidacy. The following requirements must be met:

• Live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae;
  • Be Aristotelians and be baptized;
  • Have no criminal records;
  • Do not belong to any foreign organizations or any criminal ones;
  • Understand and speak English;
  • Must not have any role that might interfere with their work as ambassador.

Article IV / About the permissions and obligations of members of the Chancellery

IV a) Permissions:
  • Can assume other imperial or provincial mandates as long as that do not interfere with their work as ambassador, after the Chancellor's consensus;
  • The Imperial Chancellery encourages the ambassadors to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries. This will be possible as long as the imperial ambassadors maintain their work for the Empire, their duty as a vassal and keep their home in the Empire.

IV b) Obligations:
  • A member of the Chancellery must be present and active in the Chancellery;
  • No information exchanged within the Chancellery should be disclosed;
  • An oath to the Empire and the Emperor will be given by each arriving member, and then, to each new Emperor;
  • Members of the Chancellery must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them;
  • Every member must obey the orders given by the Chancellor.

Article V: About the meeting with the provincial and royal Chancellors

• To make sure that the imperial diplomacy will be united and will respond to the provincial expectations, the Hall of Charlemagne will be available for meeting with the provincial and royal Chancellors, the provinces of the German Kingdom being represented by their Royal Chancellor.
  • Each Chancellor is free to participate.
  • This meeting will be led by the Imperial Chancellor, who will ask the advises of the other Chancellors on several subjects.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sat Feb 03 2018, 17:19

Sheky smiled at her, but her eyes grew sad thinking of her Land.
She left the sad thoughts and read the parchment.
She paused on the last part

I have the honor of being a Territorial Herald and a Genealogist Herald
I want to know if these roles can cause problems
The role of Territorial Herald does not allow me to move from my Land

On the rest I'm used to following the rules and I have a strict discipline at work.
I always try to make the working environment with a good atmosphere and this does not prevent a profitable job

This is my baptism certificate

She took out an old parchment from her pink bag
Back to top Go down
Alienor Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sat Feb 03 2018, 19:13

Once the formalities of the role and condition of an Imperial Ambassador done, Aliénor took the certificate of baptism, looked at it, kindly noded and continued.

I am glad that you are at ease with the parchment I have shown you. I don't see any duties that could interfere with your current role. Discipline and wanting to create a good working environnement are good qualities for team work. According to you, what would be the main difference between the role of a provincial ambassador and an imperial ambassador? Are you at ease when your foreign counterpart is slow or non-responding? Also, in your letter, you said you speak also French in addition of English. How would you qualify your proficiency in the first? Pouvez-vous me dire comment vous avez appris cette langue ?

Aliénor knew it was a lot of questions at once and listened carefully.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sat Feb 03 2018, 20:47

Sheky mentally repeated the questions that had been asked to answer all of them exhaustively:

"What would be the main difference between the role of a provincial ambassador and an imperial ambassador?"
Being a local ambassador is certainly easier because the treaties and the agreements are then subordinated to being a part of the empire
an imperial ambassador can not err because he makes the parts of the empire
my opinion, one of the main features is to be an excellent listener and observer as well as being able to read between the lines
therefore he will always have to support himself with the head of the hierarchy and study together "action plan":
every diplomatic relationship starts from a parchment and the more carefully transcribed it is the relations between these lands
when an ambassador is entrusted with a land it is important for him to study the laws, the customs, the treaties and the agreements because he must understand this Land.

"Are you at ease when your foreign counterpart is slow or non-responding?"
I'm never comfortable if the other foreign party is slow or non-responding.
But experience has taught me that first of all it is important to have a good relationship with your foreign correspondent, if I put myself as a friend always answer me.
In extreme cases of disappearance of the correspondent I had to point out the lack to the superior (always with diplomacy and kindness)

Sheky smiled blushing
"you said you speak also French in addition of English. How would you qualify your proficiency in the first? Pouvez-vous me dire comment vous avez appris cette langue ?"
I've a bad English and a bad French and I am aware of it, surely my level is not a native speaker
my English is at the level of educator and spoken. My hobby is business with merchants and often we speak English.
Mais dans l'art de la diplomatie au-delà des mots, il vaut également la peine de savoir comment accueillir et divertir vos invités et une petite erreur de langage n'a jamais été remarquée
Nous, les jumeaux Carafa della Spina, avions une nounou française, la vieille Charlotte, aujourd'hui elle est encore dans le palais de mes oncles. De plus, un éducateur strict nous a formés pour chaque discipline.
Back to top Go down
Alienor Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sat Feb 03 2018, 22:24

Aliénor nodded, she liked that the candidate was reactive and thorough in her answers.

The main item you will notice is that we speak at the Kingdom level and not provinces unless the diplomacy is non existing at that level. Our actions and decisions have big impacts and we need to see the interractions with other realms before we act. Regarding the language please do not worry, it is mostly to help us identify an embassy for our candidates.

Before I make my report to the Chancellor, may I inquire if there are embassies that you would not like to be assigned to or the opposite, that you would have a special interest in? You must know that most are embassies have already Ambassadors and it is possible that, if we take you, you may not have your wish agreed upon but it will help us. As well, do you have any questions you would like to ask me?

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sat Feb 03 2018, 22:51

Sheky smiled
Of course
I've not problems with anyone and I've always worked with everyone
I love testing myself
If you've a difficult embassy or with whom you would like to have contacts
send me there too
It will be a new challenge for me
I hope also to succeed
Questions at the moment I don't have any

I take this opportunity to thank you for kindness and pleasant conversation .. and excellent wine

she smiled
Back to top Go down
Alienor Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sun Feb 04 2018, 14:54

Prego

Aliénor smiled. She had listened carefully to everything.

I like your answers. If you don't mind waiting for a few minutes, I need to speak with the Imperial Chancellor to summarize him the conversation.

The young vice-chancellor stepped out in order to discuss the candidacy with her superior. After a little while, she came back with a smile.

I have a good news for you. The Imperial Chancellor has agreed with me that you would be a good candidate for the Imperial Chancellery. So we are pleased to welcome you among us! However, would you mind waiting a little longer here, in this salon, before I inform you of your assignment? I just wanted to give you the good news before we make a decision on the rest!

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Sun Feb 04 2018, 16:38

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sheky wanted to hug her to thank her, but she restrained herself and stood smiling like a child

Of course! i don't move from here!
Back to top Go down
Alienor Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 16 2018, 13:41

After speaking with the Imperial Chancellor, Aliénor came back to the room.

I apologize for leaving you so long here. It was a difficult assignation that required a little of shuffling around internally. So, considering your actual experience, we would like to offer you the embassy of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies. I hope you will be pleased with continuing your relationship with them. The announcement shall be made within 24 hours and the Imperial Chancellor will take care of your keys.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 16 2018, 21:24

Sheky smiled at her
I recently took ownership of a plan of the new castle of Naples overlooking the gulf
it's beautiful

she laughed amused
best news you could not give to me
I am honored and proud to accept the position of Imperial Ambassador accredited to the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 16 2018, 21:29

Anthonis now had time to meet the new Ambassador as well so he stepped into the room and bowed.

Congratulations your Excellency, please here you will find the keys to your new office. Vice-Chancellor Aliénor will help you get settled. Welcome.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~  Parel Elysia my Love †  ~  Pascual †  ~
Back to top Go down
Alienor Catherine

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 16 2018, 21:35

I am very happy then ! Please follow us.

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   Fri Feb 16 2018, 21:53

Thanks Imperial Chancellor and Vice Imperial Chancellor
she smiles following them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante   

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Shekinah Carafa della Spina in Dei Lante
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entrance Hall :: Reception-
Jump to: