Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nesema

PostSubject: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Thu Feb 01 2018, 20:07

Sebastian arrived in the building that had been indicated in the letter and introduced himself:

Good evening I'm Sebastian Von Bismark.
I request a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor regarding the announcement for Imperial Ambassador
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Fri Feb 02 2018, 13:10

Anthonis heard of a new arrival in the reception. He thanked the page and went himself, first he talked to two other candidates, then he bowed briefly.

Welcome Sebastian Von Bismark, my name is Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia, the Imperial Chancellor. Please lets step into my office, the hall is a bit un-personal I think.

Anthonis walked over to his office just around the corner and held the door open.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
nesema

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sat Feb 03 2018, 18:01

He followed the chancellor into his office and as soon as he entered he introduced himself

I am Sebastian von Bismark Former Captain of Florence and Lieutenant of the Aquilae Imperatoris.
I read the announcement to become an ambassador and I would be interested in doing this job.

He then waited for the man in front of him to speak
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sat Feb 03 2018, 18:52

Please sit and have some wine if you want. Please, can you delve a bit deeper why you want to become an Imperial Ambassador and please could you elaborate on your language skills?

In addition to that, since we are now talking about the Empire. Do you have an overview of the structure of the Empire and an idea to work with its diplomatic apparatus? How do you envision our processes compared to any earlier diplomatic talks you had in the past, if any?

Anthonis throws a few questions at the same time, then gets up and pokes at the fire a bit, sits down again and takes another sip.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
nesema

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sun Feb 04 2018, 05:35

Sebastian sat down in the potrona and willingly took the goblet of wine that was offered to him, he sipped it and then placed the glass on the table, he answered;

Your Excellency, I entered the Aquilae Imperatoris to serve the empire and for the same reason I would like to become an Ambassador, in order to broaden my horizons.
Linguistically I have no problems with English and French, I also speak a bit of German having a Barony in Wallendorf.
I have never had diplomatic talks in the past, this would be my first time in the field of diplomacy, but my thirst for knowledge, I am sure that will help me to perform well any task assigned to me.
I learn quickly and work, even hard, does not scare me.

He took the wine back and sipped it slowly to fully enjoy the taste.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sun Feb 04 2018, 08:22

Anthonis noticed he did take the wine and how he savoured it and he listened to his answer.

Diplomacy is a powerful tool which can save lives, in the same way bread can take away hunger. Words are a powerful tool, but in some cases even a weapon, that is why this position is so important and why we stand at the edge of the Empire, for it, and with a set of believes within us build on Aristotlean believes. I think it is admirable you want to serve the Empire even more than you do now.

Being a diplomat can be fun at time, or very frustrating at other times. It is our job to be in contact with the assigned counter part, but then there are regions where we have little contact, where we see that months of hard work. Investing time and effort into finding contact, or making a treaty, just sips away between your fingers. With no results. Sure the travel is fun, but when you have a family, and I speak here for myself, some of these journeys are hard and lonely. I mean, I do not want to discourage you, I am just letting you know, some days, and sometimes some weeks you need a tough skin and endurance. We often see good people leave because they get discouraged over time. I just want you to know that, your enthusiasm is great. I had that too when I jumped in local politics.

Anthonis picks up a parchment that had laid on the table in front of him.

I was more hinting towards the structure in our Embassy. I have worked in Holland and its embassy and there the ambassador has a limit of amount of freedom maybe not seen here. Of course, we need people with initiative and drive and ideas, but the diplomatic ideas are via our chancellor from the Emperor.

Each region within the Empire has its own diplomacy and needs. At the level of the Empire treaties regarding military, trade, or friendship can be drafted, and all treaties made by the region in the Empire are underlying documents. Empirical treaties trump the regional ones. Then of course there is the daily work and sometimes exiting ad-hoc events. Important is to keep a dialogue going, to build that relationship with your counterpart and do not let go. Even if posts change it is important to keep the channels open.

Anthonis hands Sebastian a parchment.

Quote :

Statute of the Imperial Chancellery

Preamble

• The Imperial Chancellery is an institution governed by its own Constitution.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is an institution serving the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae and the Emperor.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is not able to take a decision, decree, or order without the Emperor agreement.

Article I: About the role of the Imperial Chancellery

• The Imperial Chancellery is in charge of the relations with foreign Kingdoms and their institutions. It represents the interests of the Empire and ensures the respect of its integrity by foreign powers.
  • The Imperial Chancellery manages imperial diplomacy.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is working closely with provincial and royal chancelleries of the Empire.
  • The Imperial Chancellery is the institution initiating negotiations with a foreign Realm.
  • The Imperial Chancellery welcomes foreign dignitaries wishing to meet the Emperor.

Article II: About the functioning of the Chancellery

• The Imperial Chancellery is led by the Imperial Chancellor, who is appointed by the Emperor.
  • The Imperial Chancellor can appoint up to three Vice-Chancellors who will help him in his duty of management of the Imperial Chancellery.
  • The Imperial Ambassadors are intermediaries between the Imperial Chancellor and the entrusted Realm.

Article III: About the admission of ambassadors
The ambassadors are admitted by the Chancellor after he has considered the candidacy. The following requirements must be met:

• Live in the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicae;
  • Be Aristotelians and be baptized;
  • Have no criminal records;
  • Do not belong to any foreign organizations or any criminal ones;
  • Understand and speak English;
  • Must not have any role that might interfere with their work as ambassador.

Article IV / About the permissions and obligations of members of the Chancellery

IV a) Permissions:
  • Can assume other imperial or provincial mandates as long as that do not interfere with their work as ambassador, after the Chancellor's consensus;
  • The Imperial Chancellery encourages the ambassadors to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries. This will be possible as long as the imperial ambassadors maintain their work for the Empire, their duty as a vassal and keep their home in the Empire.

IV b) Obligations:
  • A member of the Chancellery must be present and active in the Chancellery;
  • No information exchanged within the Chancellery should be disclosed;
  • An oath to the Empire and the Emperor will be given by each arriving member, and then, to each new Emperor;
  • Members of the Chancellery must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them;
  • Every member must obey the orders given by the Chancellor.

Article V: About the meeting with the provincial and royal Chancellors

• To make sure that the imperial diplomacy will be united and will respond to the provincial expectations, the Hall of Charlemagne will be available for meeting with the provincial and royal Chancellors, the provinces of the German Kingdom being represented by their Royal Chancellor.
  • Each Chancellor is free to participate.
  • This meeting will be led by the Imperial Chancellor, who will ask the advises of the other Chancellors on several subjects.

Back to top Go down
nesema

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:06

He listened again very carefully, as the Chancellor was telling him.

He took the parchment that was passed to him and began to read carefully, when he finished he put the paper on the table and answered:

Your Excellency, I agree with you regarding the use of diplomacy and how important it is to use it as weapons, just words.
I worked for months in the Florence council and I know what you're talking about.
I am a soldier, but I prefer a verbal war to a war with weapons.
A war made of words can always be remedied, which can not be done in a real war.
When I was a candidate I knew it would not be an easy task, but I'm ready to get to work for diplomacy, without sparing my strength, of this you can be sure.

He took another sip of wine and looked at his interlocutor.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Mon Feb 05 2018, 06:30

Anthonis nodded.

And words are peace and of peace. Now, if you were to be Ambassador, did you understand and agree with the document that you just read, and on the matter of papers, did you bring your proof of baptism?

Back to top Go down
nesema

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Mon Feb 05 2018, 16:14

Sebastian took the document requested from his pocket and handed it to the Chancellor, telling him:

Here is the certificate of my baptism, Excellence.

As for the document just read, I agree with what is written, and I memorized it to remind me in the future if I will become part of the imperial diplomatic corps.

Waiting for the Chancellor's reply, he returned to sip the wine
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Mon Feb 05 2018, 16:22

Anthonis looked at the proof and smiled.

Great. I have one final question, since you do not yet have much diplomatic experience, however a general view of the world and imperial life is required.

Let us think of a hypothetical scenario where you are Ambassador of Venice. The Dodge asks you if the Empire wants to sign a naval treaty with them as a pact with the Ottoman Empire, Bosnia, Albania and Siena. You know we already have a treaty with Venice, a treaty of Friendship. How would you approach this situation? It could happen like this in the beginning of your career.

Anthonis leans back and takes a good sip of wine. Sometimes fresh eyes are the sharpest.

Back to top Go down
nesema

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Mon Feb 05 2018, 18:15

He listened very carefully to the words that were said to him and after thinking, replied:

Since with Venice we already have a treaty of friendship, I would reply to the Doge that to sign a naval treaty with them, I have to organize a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor, because I as an ambassador can not decide anything without your support.
as far as Bosnia is concerned, I would respond in the same way as for Venice because I know that we have a treaty of friendship with them.
As for the Ottoman Empire and Albania and Siena, I would rather answer that before being able to request a naval treaty with the Empire, they should sign a treaty of friendship with it.
But as for Siena, which proclaims itself to be independent of the empire and has not yet received any recognition from It, I would say that it would be impossible for such a treaty at this stage.

Then he looked into the chancellor's eyes and waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Tue Feb 06 2018, 09:43

Anthonis nodded a few times during the response and then drifted off in thought for a few moments.

Yes, eh... That is a sensible answer.

Sebastian, I see little reason not to train you in the Chancellory. I would like to offer you preliminarily the Principality of Catalonia. Since, unprecedented, we are talking to several candidates at the same time, I say preliminary and would also like to ask you to wait until we have conducted all the interviews, and moved some other Ambassadors around within our structures. I hope you will accept our offer.

Anthonis now got up and shook his hand.

Back to top Go down
nesema

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Tue Feb 06 2018, 19:34

Sebastian stood up and shook the Chancellor's hand and said:

Excellency, I would be honored to be part of the Imperial Imperial body and put myself back to your will.
I will be honored to take care of Catalonia if you think I am up to it.
I will not let you down.
I will wait for you to let me know when to start.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:32

Anthonis then entered his office again after some time has passed.

Our excuses this took so long, however we found a new charge for you so congratulations your Excellency, please here you will find the keys to your new office as Imperial ambassador of Finland. Vice-Chancellor Augustus will help you get settled. Welcome!

Back to top Go down
nesema

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sat Feb 17 2018, 20:07

Excellency, I thank you for the trust you have granted me, I will try to do a good job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   

Back to top Go down

Request for a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entrance Hall :: Reception-
Jump to: