Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nilenia Van Axel

PostSubject: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Fri Nov 10 2017, 17:53

After finishing her work in the Scriptorium, she made sure that her desk was in order and all the documents carefully stored.
She opened one of the drawers and picked a parchment that she had left there that morning. Than she left the office.
She was a bit nervous when she got in the entrance hall. After taking a couples of deep breaths to calm herself, she called a vallet.

I am Nilenia Van Axel. I would like to have a meeting with His Excellency, the Imperial Chancellor. Indeed, I'm quite sure that he is awaiting my arrival. Could you tell His Excellency that I'm here, please?

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Fri Nov 17 2017, 05:23

Anthonis did not hear the knock on his door, he was deep in prayer and the feeling of almost panic that fluttered his heart every time he though of Parel. Her loss pained him deeply, but he kept working, the only sane thing to do.

After a while he heard the knock and he asked to come in. The page explained who was here and Anthonis asked is the page could bring her to his office.

[b]
Page: "Lady Nilenia van Axel, could you please follow me to the office of his Excellency, he is ready to see you now."[/b]

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
Nilenia Van Axel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Fri Nov 17 2017, 17:19

Lady Nilenia van Axel, could you please follow me to the office of his Excellency, he is ready to see you now.

She nod at the page, than she followed him to the office of the Chancellor. There, she deeply bowed in front of the Chancellor and said Your Excellency, thank you for having me. It is a real pleasure to meet You.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Sun Nov 19 2017, 10:24

Anthonis looked up when his guest arrived, he got up from his desk, bowed and then gestured to the 2 chairs by the fireplace and asked the page to bring some wine.

Welcome Lady Nilenia, and thank you for your interest to become an Imperial Ambassador. I understood you are quite familiar here in the castle, and that you are are highly interested in diplomacy and you have experience at a local level with diplomacy. What diplomacy means for you?

And also, please, can you delve a bit deeper why you want to become an Imperial Ambassador and get even more involved with the affairs of the Empire?

Then the page enters to place goblets on the table, Anthonis pours two goblets and sniffs the fine Italian wine while reclining into his seat.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
Nilenia Van Axel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Mon Nov 20 2017, 12:09

She took a seat by the fireplace. The heat of the flames was very nice compared with the cold winter that was starting to show.
She listened carefully to the words that was spoken and took a moment to think. Even if they looked like simple question, they weren't.

Indeed, I've been working in the castle as imperial translator since the kingdom of the late Emperor, Alberto Decimo Bentivoglio. Before, I used my knowledge of foreign languages, most of all english, to work, first as a translator and than as an active member of the diplomacy of the Duchy of Milan. For the Milanese diplomacy I held the position of Ambassadress at the County of Toulose, at An Mumhain, at the Kingdom of Bosnia and at the Republic of Florence. Than I was appointed Consul for French-speaking countries and Deputy Great Chamberlain. For a small period of time I've been Great Chamberlain ad interim, but due to the lack of time, after the apointment of the new Great Chamberlain, I resigned as Deputy and Consul, and than, also, as an ambassadress. It pained me a lot to leave the diplomacy, but I strongly believed that to be a good diplomat you need to be present and since I couldn't, I preferred to leave room to those who could be present and active.

She took a little break, before speaking again What diplomacy means for you?
To me diplomacy means understand people and make people understand you, even those completely different from us. It means to make others see your point of view, avoiding useless violence. According to me, having a strong and active diplomacy make a Country strong becuse it gives the possibility to be always update to the most recently news and to be present when there is the need. Also, a well prepared and active ambassador help to avoid international awkwardess and fatal errors that might lead to a war.

Since I truly believe in the Empire, I decide to put my knowledges and passion to its service, hoping to be useful. This is why, after a lot of thinking, I decided to write to you to submit my application

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Mon Nov 20 2017, 16:18

Anthonis leaned back and took a sip of wine when Nilenia spoke and nodded here and there.

I am pleased to hear you worked as a diplomat and of course that you are familiar with the Empire as a whole.I am also pleased that you feel you can pledge more time to the Empire, we all know that to be an Ambassador can be a frustrating job at time, but that the good diplomat has endurance and a tough skin. And the importance to keep a dialogue going, to build that relationship with your counterpart and do not let go. Even if people change on the posts it is important to keep the channels open.

Anthonis picks up a parchment that had laid on the table in front of him.

Since you were Ambassador before, this document must look familiar to you.

Anthonis hands Nilenia the parchment.

So, I'd like to show you a precise article of the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery:

Quote :

Article IV / About the permissions and obligations of members of the Chancellery

IV a) Permissions:
Can assume other imperial or provincial mandates as long as that do not interfere with their work as ambassador, after the Chancellor's consensus;
The Imperial Chancellery encourages the ambassadors to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries. This will be possible as long as the imperial ambassadors maintain their work for the Empire, their duty as a vassal and keep their home in the Empire.

IV b) Obligations:
A member of the Chancellery must be present and active in the Chancellery;
No information exchanged within the Chancellery should be disclosed;
An oath to the Empire and the Emperor will be given by each arriving member, and then, to each new Emperor;
Members of the Chancellery must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them;
Every member must obey the orders given by the Chancellor.

From these words do you understand what are the duties of an ambassador? But more importantly what does it mean to you?

Back to top Go down
Nilenia Van Axel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Today at 11:24

After reading the document she answered

I understand, Your Excellency.

I forgot to mention that I'm running as mayor for my city, so I will not be able to travel for a month. After this it will be my great pleasure to go visit my couterpart. I love to travel around, so it won't be a problem.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor   Today at 11:35

So as you were ambassador before and you work for the Emperor, I can assume you are baptised. Just for my curiosity, which languages do you master and do you have any preferences regarding regions you would like to visit?

Back to top Go down

Meeting with the Imperial Chancellor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1