Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Arrival of Ilderico

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ilderico.da.Volterra

PostSubject: Arrival of Ilderico   Sun Sep 10 2017, 16:53

After a long travel across Europe Ilderico arrived to the Imperial Palace. At the gate he addressed a guard: "I am Ilderico da Volterra, I have been summon from his Highness Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia, Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire."could you be so kind to point me the way?
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:24

Anthonis was finally informed by a concerned page that a gentleman with the upmost patients was waiting for him. Anthonis almost knocked over his huge pile of papers he was working on and then walked up to the man.

Dear fellow, I understand you are not being seen yet, I am sure a miscommunication has occurred. Maybe we can have a short chat in my office, but please do not slam the door, my stacks of dangerously stacked paper are still highly ordered.

Anthonis started walking, then turned a bit.

Oh and I am being rude, my head is in the cloud I think. My name is Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia. Please follow me.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
ilderico.da.Volterra

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Wed Sep 20 2017, 18:49

it is a pleasure to meet you. I will follow you to your office....and don't worry I will be very gentle with the door.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Thu Sep 28 2017, 10:49

Anthonis guided his to his office, opened the door and gestured at the seat in front of the fire place. He asked the page to bring them some wine. Then he sat down and looked at the gentleman before him and smiled.

Welcome to my messy office, as you may understand it gets hectic at times, but it is rewarding. I must say I am please you are here, I know the distance and it is quite the travel. I usually stay in Neuenahr for a few days and I extend my hospitality if ever travel close to my lands.

Your applications raised our interest, to be honest, I like your enthusiasm. You mention that your highly interested in diplomacy, you presented a great list of experience. Could you elaborate on that and what diplomacy means for you?

And also, please, can you delve a bit deeper why you want to become an Imperial Ambassador and get more involved with the affairs of the Empire?

Then the page enters to place some wine on the table, Anthonis pours two goblets and sniffs the wine while reclining into his seat.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
ilderico.da.Volterra

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Mon Oct 02 2017, 00:14

Ilderico took the goblet of wine from the hands of the chancellor.
"thank you Sir."
"As I explained in my letter of presentation I am working as Ambassador of the Florence's Republic in the Iberian peninsula since 1460. During this Years I have faced different diplomatic crisis, wars and coronations.

Thanks to the Florentine chancellery I have collaborated in the drafting and ratification of several Treaties.

I consider the Diplomacy the hardest way to achieve somethings, it takes dedication, hard work, time, parchment sheets and tons of candles (for letters written at night). The Diplomacy is the art of building relationships.

All this works only if accompanied by some qualities: the ability to analyse, to know objectifying the contexts and situations and to detect lies.

Honestly I believe that during this years I have built those qualities. For these reasons I want to serve the Empire and put my competences for the good of all.

It would be an honour for me to work in the Imperial Chancellery"
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Wed Oct 04 2017, 08:06

Anthonis smiles when hearing these words.

Words are a powerful tool, and in some cases even a weapon. A wrong word in diplomatic meeting can bring mean a threat of war, we have recently seen that as well. I appreciate your hard work as Local Ambassador and leader of a local council, however in our job there are regions where we have little contact with, where we see that months of hard work and investing time and effort into finding contact, or making a treaty, just sips away between your fingers. With no results.

I mean, I do not want to discourage you, and I think I will not, you seem to know well how this works, I am just letting you know, some days, and sometimes some weeks you need a tough skin and endurance. We often see good people leave the Imperial Chancellory because they get discouraged over time. It seems that you have a though skin made through years of political work and the diplomatic depth from you time as ambassador.

Anthonis picks up a parchment that had laid on the table in front of him.

I am sure you are very aware of how a chancellory operates and the affairs of the Empire as a whole, but I must ask, since I ask it from every ambassador I interview.

Anthonis hands Ilderico a parchment.

So, I'd like to show you a precise article of the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery:

Quote :

Article IV / About the permissions and obligations of members of the Chancellery

IV a) Permissions:
Can assume other imperial or provincial mandates as long as that do not interfere with their work as ambassador, after the Chancellor's consensus;
The Imperial Chancellery encourages the ambassadors to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries. This will be possible as long as the imperial ambassadors maintain their work for the Empire, their duty as a vassal and keep their home in the Empire.

IV b) Obligations:
A member of the Chancellery must be present and active in the Chancellery;
No information exchanged within the Chancellery should be disclosed;
An oath to the Empire and the Emperor will be given by each arriving member, and then, to each new Emperor;
Members of the Chancellery must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them;
Every member must obey the orders given by the Chancellor.

From these words do you understand what are the duties of an imperial ambassador? And a another question, did you bring your proof of baptism?

Back to top Go down
ilderico.da.Volterra

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Tue Oct 10 2017, 23:13

Ilderico was in tune with the Chancellor, the tension that he felt at the beginning of the conversation was beginning to disappear.

Yes, I understand what are the obligations and duties of an Imperial Ambassador.

I sent an emissary to retrieve my baptismal certificate I hope to send you a copy as soon as possible.
it was many years ago and it seems that they have lost it.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Wed Oct 11 2017, 10:06

Anthonis nodded, he had made his decision.

So until we receive the document, and in its original language is fine, to make things official, I would like to shake you hand and congratulate you with your appointment. We would gladly have you here as Imperial Ambassador. Now I have a final question: which of these region in the Iberian peninsula do you have the best contact and would you like to be the Ambassador of the Principality of Catalonia (Principat de Catalunya), the Kingdom of Aragon (Reino de Aragon),the Crown of Castile and Leon (Corona de Castilla y Leon), or Imperial Ambassador Kingdom of Portugal (Reino de Portugal). We do have treaty with Aragon, so for us this makes a lot of sense, but it also depends on your wishes.

Back to top Go down
ilderico.da.Volterra

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Wed Oct 11 2017, 18:40

I am very glad and it will be an honour for me serve the Empire.

I am currently ambassador to all the kingdoms you have listed. So for me it is not a problem to continue to make the ambassador for all vacancies. Or if you think that it is to much, you can decide according to a criterion of utility for the Empire?

Besides, I want to ask, becoming an Imperial ambassador will have any consequences with my being a fiorentine ambassador?
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Mon Oct 16 2017, 08:25

I do not think it is an issue, if you can handle the work load and am able to separate Imperial matters from the local ones. It is important to ask your vice-chancellor or me then in case of doubt if you can share information due to its sensitive nature if you can do so.

Before I can congratulate you though, did you bring your proof of baptism?

Back to top Go down
ilderico.da.Volterra

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Mon Oct 16 2017, 19:24

I'm desolate, but I'm still waiting for the priest to send me the certificate
Back to top Go down
ilderico.da.Volterra

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Sat Nov 11 2017, 00:07

finally I have recieved a copy, I hope it is not too late.

Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Ilderico   Sat Nov 11 2017, 00:24

Us diplomats are nothing but patient. If you agree, I will offer you the offices of Aragon and Catalunya. Please follow me to your office and of course this one here as well.

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Ilderico
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1