Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yohanna

PostSubject: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Thu Aug 10 2017, 16:54

As per request, Yohanna left her desk on Scriptorium and came to the reception hall today to meet with Anthonis de Ligne.
She quietly waited in the hall until it was her turn.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Thu Aug 10 2017, 18:59

Anthonis heard of a new arrival in the reception. He thanked the page and went himself.

Welcome Yohanna, my name is Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia, the Imperial Chancellor. I am very pleased that you wrote me, please lets step into my office, the hall is a bit un-personal I think.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
Yohanna

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Thu Aug 10 2017, 20:18

After a curtsy she looked back up to the chancellor.
"Thank you, your Excellency. Of course, I'll follow you"
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Sat Aug 12 2017, 22:42

Please here is my office, sit and have some wine if you please. please, can you delve a bit deeper why you want to become an Imperial Ambassador and get more involved with the affairs of the Empire?

In addition to that, since we are now talking about the Empire. Do you have an overview of the structure of the Empire and an idea to work with its diplomatic apparatus? How do you envision our processes compared to any earlier diplomatic talks you had in the past, if any?

Anthonis throws a few questions at the same time, then gets up and pokes at the fire a bit, sits down again and takes another sip.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~ Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr ~ Imperial Viscount of Kuilenburg ~ Sir of Sliedrecht ~ Sir of Den Myl ~Dutch Ambassador ~ Parel Elysia my Love † ~ Pascual † ~
Back to top Go down
Yohanna

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Mon Aug 14 2017, 09:57

As per request Yohanna took a seat and greatfully a cup of wine, which seemed of good quality.

"Well, first I'll have to thank you for your warm welcome, your excellency, depite having many people to welcome as one may think." She smiled and looked at him, trying to get the answers to his questions in the right order. "As I recall, you first asked why I was interesed in the Imperial Diplomatic Services. As I shortly stated in my letter, I head that the Empire had run short in diplomats lately and as I always was and still am interested in the welfare of the Empire, I could not leave this rumor without offering my services."

She turned her cup in her hand while talking. "I have been Imperial Ambassador for Greece a few years ago, under different Emperors like Her Imperial Majesty Jade de Sparte and His Imperial Majesty Raboude for instance, but I had to step back from my position due to personal health issues. Now I came across this, I stated slowly back into my former positions - in my home town, and in the Imperial Chancellery."

She tried to remember what the other question was. Something about experiences? "I am sorry, your Excellency, I am not quite sure what the other questions were but I think you asked for experiences. During my late Ambassador time I was in constant contact with Greece and we had good communication. This was useful at that time to check if ONE was active in Greece or not, for example. My diplomatic exchange experience was centainly also useful when I've been secretary in the constitutional commission - you would not believe how impolite people can be if they think they got something important to say", she smiled.

She then stopped talking, waiting if the Chancellor may want to ask for other information.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Wed Aug 16 2017, 06:26

Anthonis leaned back and took a sip of wine when Yohanna spoke. He smiled when he mentioned his Father, she did not look that old to him...

I am pleased to hear you worked under my Father for a while, and that you were in the position of Imperial Ambassador before. I am pleased to hear you are returned to good Health, I will pray later in the chapel that your good health will remain. We all know that it can be a frustrating job at time, but that the good diplomat has endurance and a tough skin. And the importance to keep a dialogue going, to build that relationship with your counterpart and do not let go. Even if post change it is important to keep the channels open.

Unfortunately, we have little contact with Greece at the moment, and ONE has been active, as they have been in the past. We have good contact with Bosnia and even the east seems to be opening up, at least in terms of diplomacy. But we can discuss politics a bit more if you want.

Anthonis picks up a parchment that had laid on the table in front of him.

Since you were Ambassador before, this document must look familiar to you.

Anthonis hands Yohanna the parchment.

So, I'd like to show you a precise article of the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery:

Quote :

Article IV / About the permissions and obligations of members of the Chancellery

IV a) Permissions:
Can assume other imperial or provincial mandates as long as that do not interfere with their work as ambassador, after the Chancellor's consensus;
The Imperial Chancellery encourages the ambassadors to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries. This will be possible as long as the imperial ambassadors maintain their work for the Empire, their duty as a vassal and keep their home in the Empire.

IV b) Obligations:
A member of the Chancellery must be present and active in the Chancellery;
No information exchanged within the Chancellery should be disclosed;
An oath to the Empire and the Emperor will be given by each arriving member, and then, to each new Emperor;
Members of the Chancellery must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them;
Every member must obey the orders given by the Chancellor.

From these words do you understand what are the duties of an ambassador? But more importantly what does it mean to you?

Back to top Go down
Yohanna

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Tue Aug 22 2017, 09:57

As Yohanna did not knew that His Excellency was a son of the former Emperor, she was a bit surprised. She thanked him for his prayers and nodded to his further explanations.
When he handed over the parchment with an extract from the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery, she confirmed that it was familiar to her but nevertheless red it carefully in case there may have been changes meanwhile.

"I remember well this text, indeed. So I remember it's my duty to tell you as well that I am currently a mayor in my home town and an imperial translator. I have been before when I was working as an ambassador so I hope you may agree this time as well that there is no dissent in combining those duties"
, she said and smiled.

"As for the obligations and what they mean to me... I think being an ambassador is a great honor as abeing such means to be the first contact of diplomacy. If an ambassador fails, this may cause vast trouble for the global empire's diplomacy - so for me the most important for an ambassador would be to follow the directives of the empire, the missions and statutes while showing the counterpart a maximum of respect and worship at the same time - always to convince, never to offend. This demands, from my experience, much effort in trust, loyalty, commitment, and not to forget a certain eloquence."
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:57

So as you were ambassador before, I can assume you are baptised. Just for my curiosity, which languages do you master and do you have any preferences regarding regions you would like to visit?

Back to top Go down
Yohanna

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Tue Aug 22 2017, 13:06

"Yes, of course, I was baptised on March, 20 1459 in Regensburg, by former arch-bishop Ulli von Falkenstein.
My mothertongue is german but I also speak fluently french and I think my english is quite okay. i do understand netherlands and flemish but i do not speak it myself except a few words. Regarding specific regions, I do not have any preferences ... I just like people and other cultures, so I would be happy with any region I can visit."
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Mon Aug 28 2017, 09:33

Anthonis thought long and hard, and then smiled.

Could I ask you if you would be interested in revisiting Greece, but at the same time also venture more east into the Ottoman Empire? With you previous knowledge on ONE, I see that you could work closely together with the Bosnian and Serbian Ambassadors. If you could lead the diplomatic discussion with the Ottoman Empire, we may start discussing the problems in the southern and south-eastern seas and this horrible infestation of pirates. I you agree I would offer you both posts, since I think work in Greece will not be that hard.

Back to top Go down
Yohanna

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Tue Aug 29 2017, 10:10

While his excellence was in his thoughts, she took another sip of her wine. When she heard the idea, she was surprised.

"I am most honoured, your Excellency, as I do see how difficult this area might be and that you would like to trust me with it. I like the idea of cooperating with other ambassadors to cover a whole region. It would be a pleasure and an honour to me to take the challange and I would put all my efforts to it."
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   Wed Aug 30 2017, 07:35

Anthonis smiled.

It is true the balkans have been troubled for a while with the ONE and the issues in Albania. Now we have ambassadors for all regions, but Albania, maybe soon all of you can sit around the table and discuss matters of the region and how it affects the Empire. In the mean time here is the key and also this one. I suggest you bring some staff from the household to help you clean up the offices, it has been a while since they were seen by human eyes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne   

Back to top Go down

Meeting with Anthonis de Ligne
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1