Offices of the Sacrum Romanorum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Arrival of Anzule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anzule

PostSubject: Arrival of Anzule   Wed Aug 09 2017, 15:54

Angela went to Strasbourg, approached the guards and said:

Good evening, I'm Angela degli Orsini Gravina, known as Anzule.
The Queen of Arms told me to come here.
I should speak with His Excellency Chancellor.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   Thu Aug 10 2017, 09:55

Anthonis heard of a new arrival in the reception. He thanked the page and went himself.

Welcome Angela degli Orsini Gravina, my name is Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia, the Imperial Chancellor. My aunt told me about you, please lets step into my office, the hall is a bit un-personal I think.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~  Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr, Imperial Lord of Kuilenburg, Sir of Den Myl ~ Married to Parel Elysia ~ Father of Pascual ~
Back to top Go down
anzule

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   Fri Aug 11 2017, 11:11

Angela made a reverence and greeted the Chancellor. Then she said: I will be happy to follow you, Excellency.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   Sat Aug 12 2017, 22:44

Please here is my office, sit and have some wine if you please. please, can you delve a bit deeper why you want to become an Imperial Ambassador and please could you elaborate on your language skills?

In addition to that, since we are now talking about the Empire. Do you have an overview of the structure of the Empire and an idea to work with its diplomatic apparatus? How do you envision our processes compared to any earlier diplomatic talks you had in the past, if any?

Anthonis throws a few questions at the same time, then gets up and pokes at the fire a bit, sits down again and takes another sip.

~ Anthonis Philippe Nicolas de Ligne Borgia ~  Son of Emperor Raboude I ~ Chancellor of the Holy Roman Empire ~ Count of Neuenahr, Imperial Lord of Kuilenburg, Sir of Den Myl ~ Married to Parel Elysia ~ Father of Pascual ~
Back to top Go down
anzule

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   Sun Aug 13 2017, 22:39

Angela sat down and looked at the bottle of wine. She thanked for the offer but preferred not to drink. The woman listened closely to the Chancellor's questions. Then wait a moment to formulate the answers in the most appropriate way.

I admit I have no experience in diplomacy. Until now I have worked at a republican level, dealing with economic aspects: I was Minister of Ports and Trade Minister.

Talking with Excellency Queen of Arms, I was curious about this apparatus. I would like to become an Imperial Ambassador to know a new world for me. It would also be a way to serve the Empire, limited to my possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   Wed Aug 16 2017, 06:15

Anthonis noticed she did not take the wine and he listened to her answer.

Diplomacy is a powerful tool which can save lives, in the same way bread can take away hunger. Words are a powerful tool, but in some cases even a weapon, that is why this position is so important and why we stand at the edge of the Empire, for it, and with a set of believes within us build on Aristotlean believes. I think it is admirable you want to serve the Empire.

Being a diplomat can be fun at time, or very frustrating at other times. It is our job to be in contact with the assigned counter part, but then there are regions where we have little contact, where we see that months of hard work. Investing time and effort into finding contact, or making a treaty, just sips away between your fingers. With no results. Sure the travel is fun, but when you have a family, and I speak here for myself, some of these journeys are hard and lonely. I mean, I do not want to discourage you, I am just letting you know, some days, and sometimes some weeks you need a tough skin and endurance. We often see good people leave because they get discouraged over time. I just want you to know that, your enthusiasm is great. I had that too when I jumped in local politics. As you have been in local politics, it toughened my skin, hence this job now is a lot easier.

Anthonis picks up a parchment that had laid on the table in front of him.

I was more hinting towards the structure in our Embassy. I have worked in Holland and its embassy and there the ambassador has a limit of amount of freedom maybe not seen here. Of course, we need people with initiative and drive and ideas, but the diplomatic ideas are via our chancellor from the Emperor.

Each region within the Empire has its own diplomacy and needs. At the level of the Empire treaties regarding military, trade, or friendship can be drafted, and all treaties made by the region in the Empire are underlying documents. Empirical treaties trump the regional ones. Then of course there is the daily work and sometimes exiting ad-hoc events. Important is to keep a dialogue going, to build that relationship with your counterpart and do not let go. Even if post change it is important to keep the channels open.

Anthonis hands Anzule a parchment.

So, I'd like to show you a precise article of the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery:

Quote :

Article IV / About the permissions and obligations of members of the Chancellery

IV a) Permissions:
Can assume other imperial or provincial mandates as long as that do not interfere with their work as ambassador, after the Chancellor's consensus;
The Imperial Chancellery encourages the ambassadors to meet their counterparts in their foreign countries. This will be possible as long as the imperial ambassadors maintain their work for the Empire, their duty as a vassal and keep their home in the Empire.

IV b) Obligations:
A member of the Chancellery must be present and active in the Chancellery;
No information exchanged within the Chancellery should be disclosed;
An oath to the Empire and the Emperor will be given by each arriving member, and then, to each new Emperor;
Members of the Chancellery must show themselves worthy of their rank and of the trust that the Emperor has placed in them;
Every member must obey the orders given by the Chancellor.

From these words do you understand what are the duties of an ambassador?

Back to top Go down
anzule

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   Thu Aug 17 2017, 23:25

Angela had heard every word of the Chancellor. The woman nodded solemnly when the Chancellor said that words could be a very powerful weapon. As the man gave her parchment, she took it in her hands carefully reading the article of the Statute of the Imperial Chancellery that was given her.

From these words do you understand what are the duties of an ambassador?

Angela was very focused on reading and the question surprised her. She smiled and said,

I believe yes: commitment, respect, confidentiality, obedience.

She looked up and then added
Connecting to your speech, I agree with you, I have always believed in the importance of measuring words.

But now I would like to ask a question to you. Is it still possible for me to have wine?
Back to top Go down
Anthonis de Ligne

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   Today at 21:51

Anthonis smiled and pour a goblet himself.

Of course, please it is the best Italian wine I was told. I have pressing question to you as well. How well do you know the Kingdom of the two Sicilies or do you have any contacts there?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival of Anzule   

Back to top Go down

Arrival of Anzule
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1